You have a choice ....

by talesin 17 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

paladin,,,, I am glad you've found some relief,,, have you tried tai chi? After several years treatment by doctors, and wearing a back brace (result of a car accident),,, I found it helped me immeasurably! All the best to you!

xo

tal

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

And come he slow or come he fast, it is but Death who comes at last.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't know what to say. I have never experienced pain that just won't go away. Daily panadol does the trick for me.

I know a few people that do. Family close to me.

They put on a brave face most of the time.

It is very frustrating to not have something better than sympathy to offer.

Chris

• prophecor
  • tec
    tec

Long term misery (painful, debilating health problem) ..
    or limited amount of time to live with good health.

No one can make that decision in truth unless they are in that situation.

But I think that it would depend on whether or not I had people depending on me (even if I just had people who loved me and needed me to be around still); or if I had some sort of work to accomplish. If I did (to either of those), then I think I would choose longer life even if in pain. Otherwise, I would choose limited time with good health. I might choose that anyway... if my pain and misery caused me to unintentionally hurt the ones who loved me.

Peace and strength to those of you in pain,

Tammy

• ziddina
    ziddina

Definitely choice B...

But I'm approaching it with the attitude that good health will almost always extend one's life-span....

Reminds me of a book I read as a child - and I wish I could remember the title.

It was a "feel-good" tale of a man who was supposedly doomed to die - he'd been told by the doctors that he only had a short time to live.

So, he left his native area [back East, I think ] and headed out west, where he purchased a small house with a little land, where he had decided to spend his last days living as happily as he could, puttering around in his little garden and eating the produce that he grew himself.

He planted lots of tomatoes, as well as other vegetables. And he ate fairly well from what he grew in his own little garden.

[A word of caution, though... Tomatoes, like eggplant and potatoes, are members of the "nightshade" family - and some people have found that consumption of THOSE plants tends to aggravate ailments like arthritis, lupis, and other diseases in which the immune system attacks one's own body...]

But to continue my story - a funny thing happened...

As he ate from his own garden, cutting out the processed foods that he'd commonly eaten back 'home' [east], his symptoms eased.

Eventually, he was cured of his supposedly "incurable" ailment.

I think that this book was one of the earliest "health-food" cautionary tales - rather like "Back to Eden" by Jethro Kloss [written around 1939, I guess] and others...

These books were popular in the late 1800's and early 1900's, partially because the affliction of tuberculosis was so prevalent back east, and many people who moved out west looking for a 'cure', actually did get better - or at least survived far longer than the doctors' estimate of their remaining life-span.

There are several schools of thought on the role that nutrition plays in the healing process, ranging from the official American Medical Association's decrying the use of ANY nutritional supplements, to those who believe that often-untested folk herbal remedies contain the hope of curing most diseases that currently afflict humankind.

Personally, I tend to go with the nutritional supplement school of thought - within reason and with caution. "Mega-dosing" of vitamins and minerals appears to have some effect, in limited scientific studies; but one must be well-informed as to which nutrients can SAFELY be increased in dosage - vitamins A and D can be toxic, for example, if consumed in excessive amounts.

The first rule, I've found, is to ALWAYS listen to your body. It will tell you when something is wrong - and it can often serve as a 'guide' to direct you back onto a course of health.

And if you'll excuse me, I need to brew up some herbal tea and take my vitamins and minerals...

Zid

• Violia
    Violia

I too live with chronic pain/depression and a rare autoimmune disorder . I look back on the time since it all began and it has taken my energetic life away from me. I have thought of ending it all as some days I wonder what use I am to anyone, BUT if I had done this I would have missed the birth of the twins and so many other things. Life is worth living. There are ways to deal with chronic pain. My days and nights are not aways easy, and I will be honest and say that I often wish it would end- BUT then something wonderful happens and I am so glad I am alive and still in the land of the living. I am not sure what awaits us in the land of the dead, but either we just sleep or their is some kind of afterlife. I know a person can be in such agonizing pain that death is a relief, but there are so many ways to deal with pain now. Right now I am thinking of a neuro stimulator . There are meds that help.

sisters in pain, but I am not throwing in the towel

• talesin
    talesin

Hell to the yeah!!!

what wonderful,,, inspring comments from y'all.

I will take them to my heart, and many thank yous!

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit