You have a choice ....

by talesin 17 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Long term misery (painful, debilating health problem) ..

or limited amount of time to live with good health.

Which would YOU choose?

tal

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

answer b, but I like to live longer.

• talesin
    talesin

Iamcool,,, thanks! I am wondering at the moment, because I just found out something,,, and I just don't know if it's worth living with this amount of pain,,,, but your answer makes me feel more hopeful!

thanks

t

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I kind of face this choice at present, so this is not a fun thread for me.

What is your reson for posting this, to pass the time ?

If so,you are lucky, you have time to squander, some of us do not.

• talesin
    talesin

No, PHizzy,, I am in a lot of pain,, and it is not a frivolous question.....

(((Phizzy))) sorry you are going through a hard time.

tal

• blondie
    blondie

I have lived with chronic pain for about 12 years now, no cure in view. But some days are better than others. Some days I actually meet a personal goal and feel a sense of accomplishment. I have good support from a few people. I'm not sure how short a time with good health you mean, 1 year, 10 years....I don't really want to know the day of my end. I take it a day at a time and joys in small things.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, Blondie, I have lived with chronic pain for many years,,, and I hear you!

Recently, I had an injury that has brought me debilitating pain,, which I find to be different ... if you can't walk,, you can't do much of anything .. and it's killing me ... slowly ... the pain, the isolation, the loss of hope,,, I just don't know ....

You know -- I usually try to be encouraging to others (unless we're arguing politicis haha),, but now, I'm just wondering how to get thru day to day,,, I just don't know ..

t

• paladin
    paladin

I choose A. I suffer from low back pain but I can contriol it with a device called "Spinal Stretch". To bad we are made to suffer.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sorry Talesin, I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself, and I thought that it was just a "fluff" thread, for those of us going through pain and the choices that face us when we are told that our condition is terminal, as I have been, it is not a light matter.

My heart goes out to all who suffer, to you, and Blondie and Cofty and others on here, and I also feel joy for those who do not, long may their good health continue !

• talesin
    talesin

Phizzy,, I was not upset by your comment, and oh, sweetie,,, cannot say anyting to make it better, being a stranger on the internet ... my pain is not terminal,,, just ongoing and severe,,,hell, man/woman,, loving you,, and wish for better ... :( :( :(

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit