"Be Successful in Coping with Change" - Notes from a special talk given after Watchtower Study at Brooklyn Bethel December 5, 2011

by wannabefree 60 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

In real-life terms, what this amounts to is "lifers", such as a bethelite in a neighboring hall with 25 YEARS IN BETHEL, WHO IS BEING LET GO this year. And make no mistake, there is not a single soul in the congregation who views this as a "reassignment." They are tossing human beings with no education and zero social skills into THE WORST JOB MARKET IN DECADES. It is flatly inhumane and disgusting. As the saying goes "All gave some, some gave all" and these assholes are pissing on them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In real-life terms, what this amounts to is "lifers", such as a bethelite in a neighboring hall with 25 YEARS IN BETHEL, WHO IS BEING LET GO this year.

And at the same time, young (19-20 year olds) are being invited to Bethel.

DOC

• Gayle
    Gayle

I thought there were doing layoffs or downsizing (merges) going on this last year? However, on 2010 Worldwide Service report showed:

"During the 2010 service year, JWs spent over $155M in caring for special pioneers, missionaries and TO's. Worldwide, a total of 20,062 ordained ministers staff the branch facilities. All are members of the Worldwide Order of Special Full-time Servants.

2011 Report says in same words, except "over $173M",,,,"total of 20,595 ordained ministers staff . . . . . ".

No downsizing noted, just more money and more "ordained ministers staff."

???

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No downsizing noted, just more money and more "ordained ministers staff."

Yet, evidently lots of older Bethelites and full-timers send out to pasture (on their own). Those old folks, esp females, are expensive healthcare liabilities.

DOC

• IamPresence2012
    IamPresence2012

Ohh their worker bees are getting kicked out? How polite with the scriptures and examples. Without a means to support themselves, I wonder if most will choose to go on to be travelling overseers? Is that Jehovah's will? Maybe,,, I liked the comments of Jehovah of the old testament from Steve2. He did give orders, loved to alienate poeple as the chosen ones, asking humans to kill each other in his name,,, Old testament is like a horror movie on print,,, ok going off topic here.

It is WT's will. Anyone can pick a verse and twist it to apply to their situation. With all the new additions why are they downsizing I wonder. To me statics they put up don't mean anything but a number,, they use this as a mind control, they know what we like to see,,,, Another religion would pull out the same numbers as well. At the end of the day you are a sheeple. so whichever directions the GB will go, the worker bees have no say, they will follow as they always do. Except afew that have woken up,,, They should print those numbers as well, how many sheep were brought to the herd and how many got out?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What happened to "Jehovah will provide" and "He takes care of his own"?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Gayle > Yeah, and those extra 533 ordained ministers cost them $18M more, or $33,771 each, per year ($2,814 /month)

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Wonder if this talk had anything to do with the JW that committed suicide by jumping 15 stories to his death on 12/28/2011............. It was in Brooklyn.

http://www.allmediany.com/details_news_article.php?news_artid=2795

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sounds like the kind of training course they used to give us at work....."Embracing Change" and all that....Everybody knew that it was the harbinger of bad news.............

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Embracing change" = giving a hug to being made redundant.

I have a feeling that is for suckers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit