"Be Successful in Coping with Change" - Notes from a special talk given after Watchtower Study at Brooklyn Bethel December 5, 2011

by wannabefree 60 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Here's some reality from Bethel history.

Back in the 70's, Knorr got so upset with how much Bethelites hated being at Bethel, with all the problems they caused ,that he told them to 'get out'.

Then, later, during a squeeze in bindery production, he begged skilled guys not to leave, so their production (business) wouldn't suffer.

Fast forward to 2012 - you are a functionary, a cog in a machine, a means to an end, cannon fodder, and above all.......dispensable, just like the poor ba$tards they kicked to the curb earlier.

metatron

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Metatron may I have a copy of your dictionary please - it is brilliant. The one that gives the translation form WTSpeak to bullshit free.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'm interested in the statistics if you would not mind sharing them.

I shared all that I was given.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hmmm, sounds like they're gonna start kicking the old-timers out next. Probably gonna ship out the widows and old bethelites that get social security checks, I suspect.

Ah yes, with the incredible growth in the organization, it only makes sense that they would be closing branches and selling off properties all over the world. Downsizing is evidently a sign of Hojovah's blessings.

• Violia
    Violia

The words Jehovah's Celestial Chariot brings back so scary feelings. I recall hearing this first in a talk and it was scary and new and many of us were frightened. Where was the Org going? Did not matter, stay with the Org. or get left behind.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Small point: Robert J. Martin, the WTS office manager, was jailed with Rutherford, not Russell. Don't know if it was the mistake of whoever took the notes or gave the speech, but I think it's sad that JWs so little about the history of their religion they can confuse the two. Even when I was a JW I knew CT Russell was the founder of the WTS, but it was very easy to confuse him with Rutherford. Only after I left the religion did I really do proper research on the religion and gain a clear view of who it was who'd established all the doctrines and rules, and what sort of men they were.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Reading that crap makes me soo happy that i got out.......

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I thought the same as you Mickey Mouse as soon as I read that "amazing" figure of just under a million increase in 5 years.

So, working out an average for those leaving, it means that over 769,000 left in that 5 years. The vast majority of those would be people like me, who had believed, and lived, the relgion, and yet have left because they see it is false.

The "increase", that is newly baptised persons, have yet to find this out, let us hope they do so before they too are royally screwed like the poor people who have wasted their lives serving a Publishing Corporation by working at Bethel.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Brother Macmillan got right back on stage and gave another address saying they had been mistaken and needed to wait on Jehovah.

Someone at HQ actually admitted they had made a mistake.

Regarding 1975, it was the over-anxious R&F publishers who made the mistake of assuming more than was written. NO mistakes at HQ!

DOC

• Room 215
    Room 215

Fascinating; thanks. Makes me wonder who actually gave the talk... it would speak volumes about who's got the most clout amongst the 7 gerontocrats sitting in the seat of Moses. Or was it a "show-of-solidarity" symposium?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit