When the Elders Decide to Disfellowship

by Yura Ivanova 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

To be fair, Undercover- I don't believe Sister Mary either. But I wouldn't shun her.

• trueblue
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sadly, when I was an elder the general explanation was that it was directed by 'holy spirit'(TM) in the sense that they used the 'Bible'(TM).

Yeah. I know. Spin isn't it!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

It is a load of crap. I recall a story from our Circus Overseer. It went something like:

A man was disfellowshipped for something he didn't do. He remained in a disfellowshipped state for 12 years. After 12 years it was found out that he was right after all. The elders apologized and reinstated him. Moral of story - wait in Jehovah if you think something is wrong.

So....here....it is admitted by the CO that people are sometimes wrongly disfellowshipped....

Fast forward to the 2011 DC. Regarding the disfellowshipping arrangement....the speaker said "remember, the decision was made in heaven long before any verdict is given the the judicial committee"

So I guess we can say that God/Christ/Angels direct wrong disfellowshippings.

• Yura Ivanova
    Yura Ivanova

Yes, you are right, the decision was made in heaven, but the "dark" heavenly places, and not by the God of the bible, but the one that rules this world. The god of this cult aint the God of the Bible. But, until people wake up to the reality, the pain, hurt, anguish and deceit will continue.....until something drastic happens whereby the authorities will act. Until then they have carte blanche with their evil and erroneous thoughts and practices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit