Help requested for court case

by Anony Mous 33 Replies latest watchtower medical

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I have been refused full visitation by the JW mother for my daughter.

That alone is both shocking and disturbing.

This is illegal unless your Ex has complete custody, finalized in the courts.

Your Ex could find herself in some hot water, if this isn't the case.

Get some legal advise, by a good divorce lawyer right away.

If she is doing this outside the law, I would file a complaint with your local police.

The complaint can actually play in your favor when you do eventually go to court for custody rights.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The legal fees astound me but the overhead is high. Definitely ask about alternative dispute resolution. Society must come up with a way of either keeping couples together or simplifying its system so people can afford a lawyer without losing everything they have. I would want to act in a sophisticated, mature manner but I fear I would go with juvenile.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Is anyone familiar with jwchildcustody.com is that a trustworthy source of help?

• pbrow
    pbrow

anony... I am currently going thru a court custody battle with my jw ex. I am a da'd aspostate. My trial is actually coming up next month after a long process of first trying to work with her directly and then court appointed mediators (2), a guardian ad litum and now the trial.

I feel the initial emotional reaction is to try to get full custody and stop your child from ever stepping foot into a kingdom hall. I think that is the wrong course to take. Besides the extra burden that full custody will require as far as a time committment, $ committment and proving the JW's are a imminent daily threat is not easy and you certainly dont want to make the religion the "forbidden fruit"

The route I am taking is that my ex is a good mother. I am a good father. I want joint custody and 50/50 placement. I want impasse-breaking authority on medical decisions (i am fine with bloodless alternatives) so that when it comes down to it my kid will get any and all available treatments. I also am asking for impasse-breaking authority on all curricular and extra-curricular activities. I think you said your child was pretty young but as the father all you have to do is get your kids interested in the many opportunities and experiences of school. Throw birthday parties, get a christmas tree, let them participate in boy/girl scouts, sports. Anything they want to try, let them! The best way to really get your kids to not grow up to be a jw is to not raise them as one! My opinion is if JW kids are raised in a bubble it will make sense, if you pop the bubble they will not choose it! POP THE BUBBLE! If they are raised by their mother as a JW and you are allowing them to have a normal life then they will not choose the JW lifestyle.

Get copies of mags and brochures that talk about how bad sports are. Show the judge that you only want whats in the best interest of the children. Show them that you want them to have a well rounded fully involved child. Do not go in guns blazing about how destructive the JW's are because it is not going to work.

Go thru mediation first! Calmly explain how concerned you are that your children will not be allowed to participate in school activities. Tell the mediator that you are not opposed to bloodless alternatives. Tell them that your child deserves to see both mother and father as much as possible given the situation (50/50)

I could go on and on because i am going thru it right now. Hit me up on pm if you have any more questions.

good luck

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit