Help requested for court case

by Anony Mous 33 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Dr. Diekema starts his article with this case. I spoke with the Chief Counsel for Seattle Children's Hospital, and he was stunned by this ruling.

[1] Cherie Black, Boy Dies of Leukemia After Refusing Treatment for Religious Reasons, Seattle PI.com, November 28, 2007, http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Boy-dies-of-leukemia-after-refusing-treatment-for-1257094.php . Accessed 12.18.11.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Reading through old magazines and crap, the slimy weasels word their articles so darn vague on those topics it's hard to get an interpretation without teaching the whole JW doctrine and what the insider words mean. The same thing on disfellowshipping, what it means, when it applies, minors etc - it's not in a single chapter of the Bible Teach book.

Get Dr. Muramoto's Part 1. He clearly and succinctly explains it all using Watchtower quotes. Besides, his authoritative work will carry more weight with the court.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This would make a great l. rev. article. Someone should publish something. Neutrality may be hard but I believe someone with background as a Witness could bring an extra dimension into play.

I thought the state grabbed custody if it could. My inactive JW mom announced that my younger sister could not have a blood transfusion and I freaked. I heard someone in a hospital brag about how her teenage daughter would die for Jehovah. I assumed theh hosptial would act. Hopefully, the articles might discuss the chain of custody and how long it lasts. This is sobering.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I read the newspaper article about the "mature" 14 year old. He must have been extremely mature b/c when I was fourteen, I was determined to work for the Beatles "Apple Corps" as a top notch secretary. I would have married the young man sitting two rows from me in school. Of course, I am assuming that the judge is appointed, not elected. He could have been cured! I am in tears.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Someone posted an excellent brief for JW child support cases

Watchtower custody pamphlet links: Freeminds.org critique (this is not the complete text, but does cite pertinent sections your lawyer should be aware of), and a prior thread on JWN. You didn't say of there was already a custody agreement in place--that is an area where you need professional help, somebody who knows both the laws where you live and also has experience with how the local court and judges have ruled in similar cases.

I hope it turns out well for you!

• Yura Ivanova
    Yura Ivanova

Skeeter, thanks for the post. We will use this for our own battle here in the Russian Federation. We will send it to the authorities in Moscow.

Spaceba

• mind blown
    mind blown

I don't care what state you're in. If you're married, your x just can't legally take your child. Period. Unless she kidnaps him or her. If that's the case you'll have to file an order against her. If she doesn't let you see him or her you can even call the police. It's against the law. You should get letters of recomendation from anyone who will give you a good word, prove you're going to support the child in some way, show you're not a danger to the child in anyway by not having past police records, prove you have good credit, no accidents, etc.....what ever it takes, if there's going to be a fight.

If married, you should file devorce proceedings, you'll have the upper hand by requesting patial custudy. She will most likey give it to you because if she doesn't, she's going to have a fight and pay for more attorney fees. The judge will side with you. Blood issue or not you're still his or her father and the court wants the father to be involved unless he's a career criminal or drug addict.

If not married. You will have still file a court action. If she denies you're the father. Then a blood test will have to be arranges by order of the court. If she admits your the father, then, you should have letters of recomendation, by anyone, who will put in a good word for you as well as show you're going to contibute finacially to the child, etc.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Preparing for Child Custody Case

pdf of wts doc that you or anyone else might be interested in.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I assume you have a copy of The Tort of Misrepresentation by Kerry Louderback-Wood. That has a comprehensive list of quotes and citations of jw literature stating just what you're looking for, and providing a legal analysis (US law).

Here are some quotes from a jw child (not sure if that's what you're looking for).

So the issue is not medical but custodial then?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Marci Hamilton writes a lot of excellent law review articles dealing with the Establishment Clause (separation of church and state). I've read hundreds of articles over the years and she is superb. I am eager to read her article.

The 14 year old boy with both bioliogical parents urging transfusion has me very upset. It fuels my sense of powerlessness that I had as a JW child. I always felt that most JW parents liked the state taking the matter out of their hands. The child lives and they can't be disfellowshiped. A court can never overtly rule against JW doctrine. It seems to me (but evidently not the law yet) that even children have personal autonomy over their bodies. Ancient Rome believed that a husband could absolutely murder his wife and children with impunity b/c they were property.

My mom was expelled for the flag salute. I dreamed of working on these cases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit