A letter arrived in the mail

by truthseeker 18 Replies latest jw friends

• trueblue
    trueblue

I would just ignore it as some telemarket, because basicly thats all it is, just a sales pitch, just pitch it in the trash, they don't really care about anyone, they are like drug addicts looking for a fix. You know how drug addicts supply their habbit? They become drug pushers, so as JW's become watchtower pushers (putting in time) for a reward.

They let some man kidnapp my Mother when I was a child for several years, using mental and physical abuse this man was, until I was the only one that noticed and left my carreer in another state to help her out of it. Then they have enough nerve to bring up a DA letter after 37 years.

Please Lord forgive them for they not know what they are doing... They actually thought that would make me feel better bringing up a 37 year old letter.

Nay, I would just be too busy for them if I were you... and not take anything personal "They just plain nuts, that's all"

If you ever seen my Mother you would get the picture foreal "She is the sweetest thing you ever seen" she's so tore up emotionally everyone wants to help her, I had to leave my Mother in a nurse home to die before someone kills me for trying to help her.

Oh well God knows...

If God Loves anyone he Loves my Mother... "I don't care what JW's, I mien Satan says about her"

• blondie
    blondie

I had a jw that did this; I read the first paragraph of the first one then tossed it. I tossed the next unopened, and the next, and the next. Then my husband opened the next, shredded it and mailed it back to the individual...that was the last. I hate it when someone assumes they know why you no longer come and that it has to do with you...especially someone who hardly knows you and had little time to spend with you when you were a jw.

• designs
    designs

I have received similar emails, note its never an invitation to do something like 'come over for dinner' or 'let's go do something', it stops at 'come back to the meetings'. Once you turn that down they are done and feel they have reached out to you and can in clear conscience wash their hands of you.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Like Blondie said: I hate it when someone assumes they know why you no longer come and that it has to do with you...especially someone who hardly knows you and had little time to spend with you when you were a jw.

The Back Stabing Hprocites...

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

TS,

I almost threw the letter away thinking it was junk mail till I saw the name of the sender

Isn't this a perfect example of why we shouldn't read carefully and pay too much attention?

Had you followed the directions of Mother, this letter would have been discarded and case closed

• sinis
    sinis

She is pioneering for the month and just counted you as time!!!

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

I have heard of an initiative that the Org is/has set up to contact all Df's,Da's and inactive people.. I thoughtbit was starting in the new year but it seems to have already started..

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Marie,

Can you give any more info re: this iniative?

The person who wrote the letter said they had been asking around for our contact information.

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

I know this because my mother has been contacted a few times also the elder i'm studying with has mentioned it to me in the past to try and get people to attend the special talk after memorial- i think it's titled " IS it to late?"

As the elder said to me they always harp on about the end so it'll be interesting if there is new light!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit