Looking for examples of how the Watchtower usurps Jesus position.

by Indian Larry 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

More than half the Bible's ±152 references to the "good news" (about Jesus) are by Paul, in the books Romans through to Hebrews.

Ask any Watchtower religionist to explain the "good news according to Paul" from scripture, and from the heart. You will observe it has been DELETED from their minds, hearts and lips.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't forget about the masthead in the watchtower mag that states

the kingdom message first then they throw in Jesus after

1st Corinthians 15 :1 paul states: " Now I make know to you, brothers, the good news

1st Corinthians 15:3 Paul states: " For I handed among the "FIRST" things, that which I also recieved, that Christ died for our sins."

Paul didn't mention the kingdom until after he told about Jesus 1st Corinthians 15:24 is when paul mentioned the kingdom as being

part of the goodnews

• Fernando
    Fernando

Watchtower followers are not allowed to talk (pray) to Jesus.

• N.drew
    N.drew

John 4:24

God is spirit and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

"worship" is to do reverence to, do obesiance to

"reverence" is to regard or treat with deep respect

The Watchtower has usurped the worship and high regard that is for the Christ.

Christ means anointed. Have they not anointed themselves?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Watchtower followers can be in "the truth™", but not in Jesus (his heart).

"The truth™" can be in a Watchtower follower's heart, but Jesus can't.

Searching the Bible on the WT CD for "in union with" returns around 106 hits in the Bible. The word "union" has been added during translation to deprecate the level of relationship that a believer (in Jesus) has (or should have) with Jesus.

Have you ever heard, or asked a Watchtower follower to say: "I am in union with the truth™" or "the truth™ is in union with me"?

• Fernando
    Fernando

The term "the anointed" does not appear even once in the New Covenant scriptures (main text) where it has always correctly been translated as "Christ".

When the Watchtower speaks of "the annointed" they often are referring to certain (modern day) fallen humans.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

True believers are saved by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ, and not by works; their perfection and justification cannot be achieved through their own individual efforts. On the otherhand, JWs (and others)during the 1000-year reign are "educated" to a state of perfection, which is impossible. It's quite astonishing and most people aren't aware of it.

Also, the organization functions as mediator between non-anointed so-called believers and the Almighty, when in fact only Christ is mediator between all believers, not just the 144,000, and the Almighty. JWs are very Catholic in this regard.

Information regarding their JWs' "education to perfection" salvation plan can be found here:

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-4.html#V

• designs
    designs

Well there's one cult member calling another cult member a cult member

• serendipity
    serendipity

I haven't been to a meeting in several years, but I know that there was more mentions of the FDS than Jesus. When my daughter was young in the mid 90's, I used to have her make tick marks to count the frequency of Jesus & Jehovah. I remember there were a lot of meetings when Jesus was mentioned only during the prayers. That started bothering me - after all JWs are supposed to be CHRISTians.

Years later, I would do counts of Jesus & Jehovah in the WT Library. The frequency of references to Jesus declined in the 90's and early 2000's, relative to earlier years.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Any discussion where they mock the Trinity shows that their understanding of Jesus is in opposition to 98% of what Christians believe.

The problem I see is that it is very clear how demoted Jesus is if you have been an active Witness. Jesus is hardly mentioned. The WTBTS is more important.

The Christology of Jesus seems to be the hallmark distinguishing the Witnesses. Yet from reading the NT and esp. Paul, I see no proof for the Trinity or against the Trinity.

One of Paul's most compelling passages speaks of the folly of the Cross. What for wordly people is a stumbling block is life indeed to believers. I'm curious as to how the NWT translates the folly of the cross.

Reading Paul's authentic letters and comparing with WTS literature, it is clear apples and oranges are being discussed. As an adult using commentaries, I now respect Paul's theology greatly. My eyes well up with tears at his most eloquent passages. As a born-in, I wanted to spit on Paul. I never heard grace mentioned. What I recall vividly is a bunch of idiotic women hating rules that contrast with his main themes. When I studied more, I found that hardly any scholar believes Paul wrote those petty rules.

Paul's rehabilitation in my life was a major event in my life. Being able to view Paul in a neutral,, let alone a favorable light, was such a stunning departure. I also say to listen to Handel, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, etc. and then a KIngdom Song. Visit the Vatican website and that of Chartre and see the architecture produced and then look at a local KH. God provides an answer in your gut reaction. I can see rank and file Witnesses with little exposure to Bethel believing the Witness claims. It strikes me how anyone exposed to Bethel can believe this is God's organization.

Also, God is transcedent. I am what I am. Why would such a being inconceivable to us in so many ways need a silly organization. God is God. Why can't he tap directly into the essence of humanity to show his teachings rather than jerks knocking on doors/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit