Sex without emotion

by free2beme 19 Replies latest jw friends

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

That is the same reason we have fast food.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

When I was young I had sex with a nice and attractive woman, who I had no emotional feelings for. I started to hate myself, so I stopped seeing her. It can be done, but I feel that it is much better to love or at least like the person who you are being intimate with.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

In other words she used you as her boytoy.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It is possible and I'll admit I've done it but it's not something I wanted to make a practice of. I like sex with emotion better.

• wha happened?
  • Unlearn
    Unlearn

Yes, sex without emotion is entirely possible, and many studies by reputable scientists and biologists will tell you that it is 'natural'. Monogamy is a biological deviation...an 'exception' in nature, relatively speaking.
    'Moral monogamy' is a human sociological construct. Im not saying it's 'bad', but it IS an emotional choice...one that's cuntivated and trained in us socially, as soon as we come out of the womb. We are socially taught how to think and what to feel.
    I think this is what makes us all the more special...that we can choose to develop and nurture strong emotions for one with whom we are physically involved with...and that we can also (if we choose) exult in the pure physical excahnge of sexual energy with a casual partner.
    It's interesting how ancient religious systems could totally differentiate between 'emotional' sex and the kind of sex that is sheer indulgence and exchange of physical energies. We were so much more 'together' then.
    Over the centuries, 'religious' people have systematically crafted this fairy-tale of sorts...that there are 'angels in the hearts of men'. The idea that you have personally dripped from 'god's' fingers, drastically distorts reality. It steals the raw natural energy from a thing. 'Monotheism' was a big step backward, in that it destroyed many of the old spiritual constructs...which were realistic and frankly much more mature in their attitudes towards sex and sexual energy.
    If you choose to have a life partner, and both of you have a very realistic and matter-of-fact view of sex, you can enjoy a freedom and life-experience that are unique. 'Sex' does not = 'love'. THAT is a choice...a social construct implanted by parents, cultivated by surroundings, and enforced by 'god'...or so we may call him, since only men seem to speak directly for him...

my opinion...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wha happened? - that video is too funny!!!!

"Nothin' but the dog in me!"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Maybe the real question should be:

Can a person have sex without:

• love?
    • Love
    • LOVE
    • Being 'in Love'?

The obvious answer is, "Of course!"

So maybe a BETTER question is, "SHOULD a person have sex with ......?"

Personally, I know it's so much better when I'm in love with the person I'm with. Emotionally intimacy greatly improves physical intimacy! Maybe it's just me, but I'm a connoisseur of gourmet love-making. That being said, sometimes I just need a quick bite!!!

Your mileage may vary!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The curious thing about these so-called "Romantic Comedies" referred to in the original post is that when we're watching them we are LAUGHING AT HOW THE PEOPLE INVOLVED ARE MESSING UP THEIR LIVES by trying to have a "No Strings Attached" relationship.

Then we look around and see TONS of REAL people doing the same dumb things, messing with their own heads and hearts and those of others and they don't seem to understand why their lives are a wreck!

"Ummm, gee, you're acting like one of those characters that we all make fun of in those silly little chick flicks!"

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

For a long time after I left, I was broken. I had no idea what real feelings were I just knew how to bury everything and put on the smile. I had plenty of sex without emotion. I actually thought I was doing the guys a favor by loving them for a while and then just leaving. I just thought everyone was cold, and I was so shut off emotionally myself.

I don't think I could do it now. I'm not so broken now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit