Sex without emotion

by free2beme 19 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I see these movies lately, that show men and woman having sex as a friends without 'planned' emotions. Who then fall in love, and end up having to admit that sex without emotion was not possible. I wonder though, do you really think this is the case. Can sex between two people, be done without an emotional connection?

Of course, I doubt there are to many men out there who sleep with a prostitute that think they're in love (although, I suspect there could be some). Yet, I think because many of us were raised conservative Christian. We have that teaching that you only have sex with those you love, are emotionally connected to and have deep feelings for. Then, when the sex happens, it might not be the fireworks they thought.

As human beings, we see people as attractive and I know men see woman as sexy. Although, I am sure this is a male perspective. I will say that as a man, I do not need, and would not have a lingering emotional attachment to a woman by simply having sex. So, if a friend said 'Want to have sex and still be friends?' I know it is possible without having these romantic comedies Hollywood is putting out.

How do you feel about this?

• sizemik
    sizemik

When I was young and single prior to my JW days I flatted with two nurses and one bed. One was on day shift, the other night shift. Between Jobs I didn't get out of bed for three weeks except to shower and eat. There was no emotion . . . not even guilt. So yes it is definitely possible.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't think I could have sex with someone and not have feelings.... for me it would change the relationship forever

• Azazel
    Azazel

Yep FS me too.

• ballistic
    ballistic

LOL@ sizemik. "Between Jobs I didn't get out of bed"

And what was your job? A gigalo?

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

Yes please. PM me.

EDIT: Um... I may have misunderstood the intent of the OP...

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I don't know. Maybe I could in some situations, but probably not.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sure you can have sex with no emotion but once you have the good stuff (Passionate love making) why would you ever settle for "second rate sex"??

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Can sex between two people, be done without an emotional connection?

Yep

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Second rate is better then no rate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit