Anyone see the cover of the February 1, 2012 WT?

by sd-7 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow, there's some pretty graphic art in there. "Jehovah God has defended his people in the past", and a picture of slaughtered ancient armies and animals, then "Jehovah will defend his people again, during the war of Armageddon". Nice visual way of saying, in contradiction of what the jw-media.org site says (or used to say, if they took it), that they don't actually believe that 'only Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved'.

Okay, I'm not here for critique, on to page 13...whoa, wait a minute! You faked me out, cantleave!

Also, what the HECK is on pages 16 and 17??? MATERIAL FOR THREE YEAR OLDS?? Those rat-fink sons of building blocks....[name-calling, a common propaganda technique] Actually, by funny coincidence, I think I'm going to do a couple of 'Beast-Tower' articles on toddler baptism....so this works out. Unbelievable. What kind of crazy stuff is going on at Bethel right now??

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wait a minute--there's an article on "When Your Adolescent Questions Your Faith", on page 18. Here's a giant contradiction. Box on page 19:

"Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses force their children to follow their faith.

Fact: Witness parents strive to inculcate love for God in their offspring, just as the Bible commands them to. (Ephesians 6:4) Nevertheless, they realize that when a child becomes an adult, he or she will make a personal choice with regard to worship. —Romans 14:12; Galatians 6:5."

Then later, on page 21...

"The book Questions Young People Ask--Answers That Work, Vol. 1, states: 'As long as your adolescent lives under your roof, you have the right to require compliance with a spiritual routine.'"

Let's review:

Jehovah's Witnesses do not force their children to follow their faith; they simply "require compliance with a spiritual routine."

--sd-7

• steve2
    steve2

BTT

• talesin
    talesin

I was watching Family Feud a couple of weeks ago, and the question was "What annoying person knocks on your door?"

#1 answer -- BAM! Jehovah's Witnesses~!

ahahaha! ... I had a good laugh at that.

t

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I just can't believe they keep rehashing that same old nuclear explosion fear photo. I mean, don't they keep up with the news?

• Black Sheep
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL!

• sd-7
    sd-7

LOL!!!! Classic photo! Must...right...CLICK!!

--sd-7

• nugget
    nugget

Good catch what were they thinking. I can't believe no one at bethel is aware of the evil monkey.

• free2beme
    free2beme

How many times can you put that same crap on the covers??? Endless warnings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit