Letter of DA from attorney to Elders becomes gossip fodder -- Society, Elders culpable?

by FatFreek 2005 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi fearlessfreedom84

Welcome to the forum.

If you are going to feed their delusion that they are important by sending them a DA letter, what has your sexual orientation have to do with whether, or not, these dimwits have the one true religion selected by god?????

The way I see it, the only thing a DA accomplishes is that it identifies, to them, their enemy.

Cheers

Chris

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

" I quit, your fired"

At what point can you hand the elders a DA letter, where you would have been DF and they will go with the DA instead.

I think it is at the point where you meet with a JC and they want to talk among themselves, and when you come back in to hear their answer, when they give the answer of DF, it would be too late. Is this correct?

SO if you handed them your unknown till now, DA letter, before the last meeting among the Elders, this would work I think.

I did hear a audio recording in the past where this happened.

It would seem that there has to be a specific time that it will go one way or the other.

Any ideas?

• shepherd
    shepherd

"Perhaps someone needs to turn on the "BOT"(R) searchlight... Peace! SA, on her own... searching the skies... in preparation to ward off any [potential] swooping by BOT(R)s... or their related sidekicks (i.e., the sundry ones, q's, whathaveyou...)"

AGuest, although I agree with you that BOTR can be annoying (as can you be) and I know you both have issues with each other, but your comments above were not 'peace' inspiring, a word you publish ad nausium on all your posts. Rather, you were just baiting her. Shame on you.

• shepherd
    shepherd

@fearlessfreedom84 - You do not need to put a reason in the letter. Just say you are no longer a Jehovah's Witness and sign it. I understand why they may want it in writing, and I understand that you don't want all the gossip so keep the message short and to the point. Even that one sentence is enough.

• etna
    etna

Dear fearless, think about what you should say or not say. Just in case you want to talk to your family. Its a shame they make us feel like this, but I have the veiw now its none of their business as I'm not a JW anymore. Good luck.

Etna

• clarity
    clarity

Sheperd ...........

{AGuest, although I agree with you that BOTR can be annoying (as can you be) and I know you both have issues with each other, but your comments above were not 'peace' inspiring, a word you publish ad nausium on all your posts. Rather, you were just baiting her. Shame on you}

>

My thoughts ........ exactly!

c

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

If a person wishes to sneak under the radar of punitive damages caused by disfellowshipping or those of disassociating himself, in most cases it won't happen. You can never return to the identity of what you were before you were baptized. Once members find out -- and they will, one way or the other -- you will be shunned as ordered.

If you have requested that your name not be announced from the platform that you no longer wish to be a member as in the above letter, the local Body of Elders may respect that wish. However, that's only a temporary ploy.

Let's say an Elder, or someone who is aware of your status sees you fellowshipping with a member who is in good standing. The Flock book, p 122, (not the latest) with reference to such a person says this, "Publishers can be advised individually if they are inadvertently having association with such a one."

Len

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why would anyone want to disassociate themselves? Why not just live your life?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest, although I agree with you that BOTR can be annoying (as can you be) and I know you both have issues with each other, but your comments above were not 'peace' inspiring, a word you publish ad nausium on all your posts. Rather, you were just baiting her. Shame on you.

You're right, dear shepherd (peace to you!). They weren't... and I was. And it was unnecessary and out of line. As I can be sometimes, unfortunately. My sincere apologies... to the OP, dear BOTR... and the board.

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

exactly sweeney. Returning to have a letter read by the BOE is like a dog returning to it's vomit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit