Overheard at Airport

by KingDavidwasframed 11 Replies latest social humour

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

While in line at the TSA pat down line I overheard 2 women talking about how they couldn't (or shouldn't) eat pepperoni pizza from a certain national chain because they heard from a cousin of a friend in a neighboring congregation (I never got the whole chain of source info) that the meat ingredients listed "animal by-products" and how everyone knows that means blood.

Well I couldn't help myself, so I leaned over the velvet rope separating us and I excused myself for eavesdropping and asked "Are you 2 young ladies Jehovah's Witnesses?"

To which they blushed, giggled a little and replied "Yes"

I then went on to say, "You know, I used to work for that company and I happen to know exactly what you are talking about"

"Oh dear!" they exclaimed and then asked "Is it true?"

I leaned in closer and looked over my shoulders back and forth to make sure no one else was listening in to hear the secret I was about to share with them, I nodded and said "Yes, it is true. There is some blood in the pepperoni......and the sausage too..." I pulled back, looked around again one more time, leaned in again and then quieted their fears by qualifying my statements "But don't worry.." I continued, "They only use fractions"

• lifestooshort
  • lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

AWESOME.

• Ding
    Ding

And the sisters' response was.....?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

for real!!!??? that is clasic!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Whoa!! LOL!!!!!

edit post: This calls for an SD-7 Questions From Readers article.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

OH MY GOSH!!!

You're so bad!

hahahahahahaha!!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I thought you were gonna say "I worked for that company, and then i got disfellowshipped from it"

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Sorry Ding, it was a joke I wrote this morning when I was thinking about why I didn't like Pizza Pizza (a Canadian Pizza chain). It all boiled down to a similar conversation I remember 3 sisters having in a car out in service some 18-20 years ago and I thought about how stupid it was and how much JW's gossip about BS while they are out in service. And the whole "fractions" thing over the last 8-10 years or so just makes it all that funnier :D Setting the joke at the airport just made it convenient to overhear a non-issue JW conversation.

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Cyberjesus, I thought about going that way too, but I liked the fraction way.

You know, they have Jewish comedians, gay comedians and Catholic ones too, I wonder if the world is ready for a JW one......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit