The world is passing away but He that does the will of God remains forever - 1Jo. 2:17

by mankkeli 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

This was taken from the Watchtower 1975, August 15. Paragraphs 12&13

12 Resources and abilities that we might possess should be used to advance Kingdom interests, rather than letting them serve as hindrances in the race for life. For instance, if you have an extra house, could you sell it and use the money to enter the pioneer service instead of working hard to maintain both houses? If you have retired or will soon retire from secular work, does your heart move you to use the increased freedom for a fuller share in the Kingdom preaching? Even though your resources may be limited, how can they be used best in serving Jehovah?

13 The objective should be to make material things serve us as needed, and not for us to become enslaved to them. If we truly appreciate spiritual values and put our relationship with Jehovah above all else, he will help us to keep running the race with endurance and to gain the prize. The world with its desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life “is passing away . . . but he that does the will of God remains forever.”—1 John 2:15-17.

Very thoughtful isn't it?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

What does it say?

15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

And in the totallity of the chapter:

1 John 2

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 John 2
    Christ Is Our Advocate

1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard. 8 On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true Light is already shining. 9 The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now. 10 The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

12 I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name’s sake. 13 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father. 14 I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

Do Not Love the World

15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

18 Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us. 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also. 24 As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.

The Promise Is Eternal Life

25 This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.

26 These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you. 27 As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

28 Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him.

1John is one of the most beautifully written letters in the NT.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

A chapter that when read in context and in its entirety, puts the kaibosh on the WT and so many of its incorrect doctrines.

• cofty
    cofty

Very thoughtful isn't it?

It was written in 1975, does the irony escape you?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Very thoughtful isn't it No very stupid, people are just starting to wake up to the fact they been serving as a subjective slave to a decidedly corrupt man made publishing house, posing itself as god's chosen voice on earth. The WTS has disingenuously convolutely lies to attract attention to their literature as well as to control people by saying if you don't join are organization and do as we instruct you to do, you will most likely die a horrible death very soon. The WTS. has always been greedy for power and money, which is abased fully into their complacent corruption. Which begs the question Mankkeli what are you doing here, doing exactly against what the WTS. as told you not to do. Shouldn't you be out in service somewhere serving the wants and needs of the Watchtower Corporation ?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It was written in 1975, does the irony escape you?

Maybe irony to him is the "alanis morisette" type?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    This was taken from the Watchtower 1975, August 15. Paragraphs 12&13
    12 Resources and abilities that we might possess should be used to advance Kingdom interests, rather than letting them serve as hindrances in the race for life.
    For instance, if you have an extra house, could you sell it and use the money to enter the pioneer service instead of working hard to maintain both houses?
    If you have retired or will soon retire from secular work, does your heart move you to use the increased freedom for a fuller share in the Kingdom preaching?
    though your resources may be limited, how can they be used best in serving Jehovah?..

Very thoughtful isn't it?..Mankkeli

Funny stuff..

The WBT$ encouraged JW`s to Sell Valuables in Anticipation of 1975..

The WBT$ denys it ever happened..

You have just provided proof that`s exactly what they did..

Mankkeli prepares to write another..

Thought provoking Thread..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mJmwQtPmusk/ShHETROT02I/AAAAAAAADzw/pVF0SPLKJSg/s400/shoot+in+foot.gif

...OUTLAW

• Twisty
    Twisty

Megalomania is a psycho-pathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence.

Twisty

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

OUTLAW - Do you think it is really wise to spend what is left in this dying system of things pursuing selfish goals?, is it really worthwhile?.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW - Do you think it is wise to spend what is left of this dying system of things pursuing selfish goals?, is it really worthwhile?.

That article was written in support of the end of the world by 1975..

JW`s were encouraged to Sell their Belongings and go Pioneering..

You have just provided proof of that..

JW`s who listened to that advice died in Poverty..

Only a DimWit like yourself would think it`s still a good Idea..

...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit