The REAL atheist meaning of life . . .

by nicolaou 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

James_wood: Look, i agree i shouldnt go in and knock on my neighbours door and go: "why do you believe in jesus? Thats stupid! there is no god and you got no evidence and bla bla bla". But I certainly think it is a good thing i care for what he believe and that is entirely different than complaining!

For instance i am sure you care what other people believe politically, at least i have seen you argue the point with passion, despite it not having any direct consequence on your life.

Said in another way, either i think other people care if what they think is true or i think they do not care. If i think other people dont care what they think is true, well, that is a very bleak view on the world. If i do think they care if their own beliefs are true (as i do), then i think it is obvious they would like a dialogue about their beliefs if i think i have evidence or arguments that can help them form a more true picture on the world.

Dont you want other people to care what you believe?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

PSac', either you're feigning an inability to understand my opening post or you're deliberately sabotaging the topic for a reason I cannot fathom.

Of course we can't all choose to live our lives by whatever 'rules' we choose, ignoring the laws of whichever state or nation we live in. Who suggested such a thing? Not me. I'm an individual who recognises he's part of a wider society with all the obligations and responsibilities that brings.

I was discussing the PURPOSE AND MEANING OF LIFE, and that my friend is most definately a blank canvas. You can childishly pick holes in my analogy if you like with twaddle about canvas edges and colour mixing, but you are yet to actually address the topic as it was originally put.

Nic'

• tec
    tec

Or, you could pick up a blank canvas, dip your brush, take a deep breath and . . . .

Faith can be what some choose to paint on their blank canvas.

No rules. No regulations or dogma. Simply faith... that brings hope, love, appreciation and possibilities to life.

The point of a blank canvass is that you get to choose to put on it whatever you want, right?

Peace,

Tammy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The point of a blank canvass is that you get to choose to put on it whatever you want, right?

Right, and as long as it causes no harm (a seperate debate) that includes faith.

Good god, agreement!

• tec
    tec

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "And I don't know if you've ever read "Night" by Elie Wiesel, or seen any films concerning the Holocaust, but most Jews in the beginning believed that God was condemning them for wrongdoing, or that God would save them from the horror..." TheUbermensch

Okay, now THAT explains something that has ALWAYS bothered me about the Holocaust....

Which was, WHY the HECK didn't the Jews just EXIT Germany - and Poland - en masse, when they saw the German armies gaining power and demonstrating their anti-Semitic hatred??? Why the heck didn't they mount an ARMED RESISTANCE? They MIGHT have even been able to de-stabilize the Nazi government, if they had mounted opposition VERY early on...

Thanks for bringing that out, Ubermensch - I'll have to get that book, "Night"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit