What was the last meeting you ever went to?

by lilbluekitty 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I got your back now Auntie! I love you lots & lots!

Chris-

Burning HeartAnimated I Love U Burning Heart

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Woops, double post.

• biometrics
    biometrics

a funeral about a 3 months ago.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

We had meeting last night!! Lol!!

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

We had meeting last night!! Lol!!

My bad. Hit button 2ice I guess.

• jemba
  • HayDay
    HayDay

Summer 2009, Sunday Meeting. The Watchtower study was creepy. Kept on asking JW's to spy on each other and report everything to the elders. I had a panic attack and went to the bathroom and started washing my face with cold water, I really felt I was trapped in a cult! I wanted to call a cab, but didn't make a scene. The brother who drove me home didn't even offer to pick me up again, he must have sensed I was done.

Feels great! No more guilt trip publications or judgemental, self-righteous phonies!

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Anither thing... I t's always my aim to look out for jws I know in the public, particularly in places like Wal-Mart etc. I make every effort to go up to them and say hi. I offer a handshake and sometimes move in for a hug. They usually recognize me in the middle of the handshake or hug and shrink back like a spider on a hot stove. Sometimes they back into people trying to get away from me. Then I follow up with "Brother/sister so and so I don't understand why you are giving me the cold shoulder! What's wrong?". Then I shoot a bewildered look at the nearest shopper and ask "Did you see that? Wow I thought Jehovah's Witnesses were supposed to be friendly and loving...".

I've done that a few times since I disassociated last summer. I find it quite an amusing pastime. It sure makes shopping funner.

• d
    d

Timebandit. I do the exact same thing I see a JW and say hi and they try to ignore me. I find it funny how judgemental they are when in fact they are not supposed to be.

• donny
    donny

January 1992

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit