What was the last meeting you ever went to?

by lilbluekitty 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• umadevi
    umadevi

Memorial 2011 - I was considered spiritually 'weak' so you can imagine how they treated me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I went to the REJECT Jesus Party in 2005. Prior to that, I went to a boasting session on December 9, 2004 that had to be cancelled because they were having trouble with the heat in the back room (it was about 10 o C in there at the time). The last successful boasting session I made it to, other than REJECT Jesus Parties, was in November 2004 (a book study). I believe the last boasting session I made that wasn't a book study was the February 2004 boasting session when they discussed the 5:30 AM street work arrangement.

And, when the REJECT Jesus Party 2006 came, I rejected Jehovah as well by going out and buying a Ouija board instead of attending the party.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

November of 2005. It was the Sunday meeting before Thanksgiving. I moved out of the territory right after that. I've been back to the Kingdom Hall on two occasions, both times for funerals.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

During the last 18 months I went to a funeral talk in my old congregation and a wedding talk at another KHall where I knew only a few. I officially quite attending regular meetings at the DC in 2010 - June 13th. The lack of reaction of the audience during the final talk (and WT review) on the generation overlap infuriated me and made me realize that I was in a cult. If these people could accept that without questionning, they will accept anything regardless of the consequences.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I have decided that I will not attend the funerals of two Witnesses I know when the time finally comes. That was not an easy decision to make for one of these is my favorite aunt and the other is a woman who looked after me as though I were one of her sons. But since I am disfellowshipped, I have decided that I won't tolerate the shunning I'd have to put up with. I will find other ways to express my sympathies to the bereaved, but attending the funeral/memorial service will not be one of them. I have always hated Witness weddings and stopped attending them long before I was disfellowshipped. So there is no reason for me to change that policy now.

Quendi

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Quendi:

I don't blame you for not wanting to go to these JW funerals. Why should you give these people the satisfaction of practicing their stupid shunning routine and false pity because you are all by your lonesome?? Who needs this? Besides, JW funerals are nothing more than infomercials for the religion. Very tacky as far as I am concerned.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It was a sunday meeting probably about 5 years ago. I was maybe attending a few sunday meetings a month at this point. Although our cards had been there a year, Most elders and publishers rarely greeted us. We'd get asked every week where we were from, if we are visiting. Some would offer us a bible study. Each time I would tell them we're baptized, but the offers kept coming. A few asked my wife if I was her boyfriend. idiots

The article started about pressures from the community. It then switched gears and went into female circumcision. Why they print articles like that for the states is beyond me. But, as usaul, the idiots kept commenting on how they need to show caution when traveling to Africa. There. Now female gentilia among JW's are safe as a result of this article. It was so mindless that even my wife had a big laugh over it. That was it for me though.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I wish I had made a specific note of the exact date - but it was a circuit assembly in Oklahoma City in about mid-spring 1978.

I walked in one Saturday morning, looked around (they were just starting the morning session) and simply could not do it any more.

I turned around, saying to myself - that is IT...no more again, not ever.

Walked out, got into my 77 L-82 Corvette and burned some rubber towards freedom.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Shamorial 2007.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

james_wood

Walked out, got into my 77 L-82 Corvette and burned some rubber towards freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit