Is it God, the Bible or just the Dubs?

by Slidin Fast 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Life after death and the resurrection are two different things.

• designs
    designs

Check in with your molecules see if they will remember you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

People have experienced death only to be awaken by medical expertise. A resurrection can happen at death because time is no problem.

• designs
    designs

Funny how NDE's are culturally and religiously biased.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It's not funny. What are NDEs?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Since we are a composite of trillions of cells - each of which can happily be extracted from our body and given the right conditions keep on replicating and working- and have many additional life forms living within us symbiotically (bacteria in our gut as the primary example but an argument could be made for intenstinal worms that damp down the human gut immune system and the absence of with may be a factor of IBS ) the question must be asked - what is being resurrected? Which cells get included and which of the trillions of faithful but used up ones don't come back?

My body replaces itself on a regular basis and my mental states cycle rapidly due to hormone and chemical inputs (produced by my body I hasten to add!) and trend over time due to aging, environment and usage patterns. In short I am not the same person I was ten years ago, mentally or physically (very little of my atomic makeup will be that which was there a decade ago plus I've added some cuddle stuff around my belly.)

So which 'me' get's resurrected? In fact if ten year ago me was resurrected he - facial features apart - might find current me mentally unrecognisable, Qcmbr2, the younger one, could arguably deny Qcmbr the older (but obviously sexier) version is the same creature. The resurrected Qcmbr3 is unlikely to be recognisable to either Q1 or Q2 so what use is he to either 'me'? Indeed if you could download my brain state and create a DNA copy of me in a lab and download my brain patterns into the clone you would be approximating resurrection - but you'd still have had to chose a version to clone and 'program' and critically it wouldn't be me. I don't particularly see any personal benefit to another being existing that my wife should theoretically find equally attractive and also has a good chance of being able to compete for my job and work longer hours (not having to think about kids - but I'm wandering here ).

Since 'I' , the conscious entity writing this metaphysical nightmare that 'you' the conscious entity, is no doubt reading with sheer delight, ceases to exist roughly between the hours of 11pm and 530am GMT and is slowly reconstructed and 'rebooted' each morning, normally with the help of a small daughter's index finger inserted in my nostril or earhole, suggests that no authentic 'me' exists outside my waking brains construction. I'm just a brief projection of some rather nattily trained and well honed synapses firing in a wonderful concert of artistic brilliance made all the more special (to a crowd of 1 - myself) because I'm so temporary. Sadly, there is a high chance that intelligent and cognizant 'I' will degrade into dribbling, self-peeing future me (let's call that depressing image 'him') long before my body gives up, let's hope 'he' isn't getting resurrected though 1 year old dribbling, self-peeing 'former me' was actually cute and mini-me would indeed be cool to resurrect simply for the dimples and giggling but not because he's me because he's not though he was.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes! What can I say? I won't dare. Just good! Very good. I don't know if it can be called "sheer" but you are delighful Qcmbr.

• designs
    designs

NDE- Near Death Experience.

I hope I don't come back with any rashes.

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK designs. I thought you were commenting on my post. I'm a little gun shy.

• bioflex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit