Weird things JWs can't own or wear

by lilbluekitty 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was rebuked for wanting to buy a cup from Starbucks because the logo is some Greek Goddess. Who knew. The elders wife pioneer who was rebuking me was all huffy about my not knowing it.

When I said well we go to Starbucks on our coffee breaks and drink out of their paper cups she rolled her eyes at me and she "BUT WE THROW those cups away!!!!!!"

Also rebuked for having hemp hand cream by same sister, after all hemp is a form of pot!!!!!!!!!!!!! idiot that I am.

LITS

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Good job they dont celebrate Christmas. It would be hell, trying to decide what to buy them.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm guessing that Ray Franz T-shirts would be forbidden, although it might be interesting to see who at the hall knows who it's a photo of.

If those are banned, Beth Sarim hoodies might prove interesting as well...

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

Wind chimes – nobody cares.

"Indian" corn on your door – corn belongs in your mouth, not on your door.

Wreaths on your door – they don’t do Christmas.

A single candle or fake candle in each window – either a holiday thing or an open invitation to robbers.

Dreamcatchers – blatantly spiritistic.

Smurfs – nobody cares.

Harry Potter stuff – witchcraft, occult, ect.

Lord Of The Rings stuff – nobody really cares that much.

Fairies, unicorns, mermaids, other "magical" creatures – nobody really cares.

Disney movies – nobody cares.

Anything with the word "magic" in it, even if it was just something cute for kids –cute or not it is still occult.

Jumanji – nobody cares.

Horror movies – disgusting and pointless.

Rated R movies – you don’t need gratuitous sex, drugs, language and violence to have a good movie.

Heavy metal, rap, country, rock (you get the idea) – the throw country on this list? Really? Total distortion.

Other versions of the Bible – one of the more obvious lies.

Religious books not by the society – why would they want Islamic religious texts if they aren’t followers of Islam?

Pokemon and other anime – not many care.

Dragons – good riddance to them. Like snakes except 100x worse.

Skulls – why would you want a bunch of skulls lying around anyways?

Yin yangs – Eastern religious symbols.

Peace signs – not many care.

Horn jewelery – why on earth would somebody want to wear horns on their heads? What are they teaching young girls these days?

Anything religious such as statues, icons, ect. – they don’t do idolatry.

Anything considered "pagan" – a natural thing to avoid for Christians.

Aliens – lots of Witnesses love the movie E.T.

Angels, even the cute cherubs – where did the list maker get this idea?

In some areas, heart shapes are considered pagan, same with stars – maybe on a different continent and in a different culture, but not in the U.S.

A More Concise Guide for Dressing as a Witness:

Women - don't dress like sluts.

Men - don't dress like slobs.

Both - dress modestly and respectfully.

• vientotz
    vientotz

Thanks Teary for correcting those things..

-vien

• Dr. J
    Dr. J

It is very strict because of the worldly attitudes that people portrait so you can't want to be like somebody on television either.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Actually Vientotz, Teary is being misleading. It would be better and more telling if you were to take the list of what jws can't do and discuss it with your jw friends offline. Watch their faces when you do it. The look on their faces should tell you whether the list is factual or not. Denial is not a river in Egypt.

P.S. As a person who was born in the jw religion I intimately know the list to be truer than Teary wants you to believe.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I second MrsJones.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Teary, some of those things I did care about but wasn't allowed to have, as a child espescialy it made me feel horrible for wanting some of those things.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well a bit confused about those that DON'T think JW's are controlling with atire? All I know is when I woke up I had a hudge garbage bag full that went to charity!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit