Weird things JWs can't own or wear

by lilbluekitty 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Yup, LilBlu is right (we grew up in neighboring congs). Ohhhhh, the JOY I got from wearing flip flops to the memorial one year! LOL (I was pregnant and didn't give a damn. It's all about comfort, baby.)

• N.drew
    N.drew

It was raining once on the way to the District Convention. I knew the parking area was dirt, so I brought my beach sandals so I would not get my shoes dirty. Well, guess what the first talk was about and guess who didn't change her shoes yet.

• Cellist
    Cellist

We wore pants and long underwear out in service during the cold winter months in northern Alberta. I remember one brother telling me in early winter that it wasn't cold enough to be wearing pants. I asked him if he had long underwear on under his wool pants and when he said yes, I told him he was a hypocrite. He shut up after that.

Cellist

• cantleave
    cantleave

Charm bracelets were a Big no-no!

Guess what we have bought our daughter for Xmas this year

• N.drew
    N.drew

Logos of anything

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Some of the things on that list seem to be just regional stuffiness. I know many JWs with other versions of the bible, horn jewelry, pantyhose-less legs, super stilettos, fishnets (my hubby constantly wants me to wear those). I have seen many a funny tie and have known elders/MS's who dyed and/or highlighted their hair. It depends on the location of the cong. and the values of those attending, and who is the alpha male in the cong.

Lets face some other facts: Unless you have really nice, perky boobs and shoulders or GREAT support wear, you shouldn't wear any kind of a tube top...sagging boobs are far from attractive. Flip-flops are beach wear and sometimes even called shower shoes (they help to prevent athletes foot fungus transmission), they do not belong in most public places. Sneakers are athletic shoes, they too have a place, and it isn't in a dress up enviroment, just like high heeled pumps don't belong on the tennis court. There are many shoe manufacturers who makes attractive, reasonably priced, extremely comfortable shoes for women who don't want to go through life looking frumpy for the sake of comfort.

CJ

• 00DAD
    00DAD

PTN: My suggestion that all JWs should wear flip-flops has NOTHING to do with fashion, or the lack thereof.

Thinkaboutit!

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

00DAD, I just noticed that, LOL, good one =)

• Cellist
    Cellist

00DAD, lol It could be said that no matter what type of foot wear JW's have on, they could be called flip-flops.

Cellist

• watersprout
    watersprout

When I was a child, around 6/7, my sister was 4/5, mom took us out on the ministry in snowsuits... It was bitterly cold and my mom didn't want us getting ill. Anyway an elder went up to mom and told her that what my sister and I were wearing was unsuitable and not for the ministry! My mom told him what for and took us home! Lol!

A CO got on the platform and lectured all the sisters about wearing flip flops. He said he didn't want to hear the ''flip flapping'' as it irritated him!

Another CO hated any form of product in the brothers hair so all the younguns went to the meeting with this CO with dorky flat hair! They looked a right state. Except of course my hubby, he went with his hair literally standing on end and it was rock hard with all the products he had used! His dad and superfine apostle brother told him off before the meeting and Carrot laughed in their faces and said ''No man tells me what to do''.... Being as he let 12 crusty pedo's tell him till he was 26 was a different matter lol!

Lets face some other facts: Unless you have really nice, perky boobs and shoulders or GREAT support wear, you shouldn't wear any kind of a tube top...sagging boobs are far from attractive.

If that woman is happy and comfortable with the way she looks, I appauld her. It's not your place on pointing out what people should/shouldn't do.

Flip-flops are beach wear and sometimes even called shower shoes (they help to prevent athletes foot fungus transmission), they do not belong in most public places.

Not necessarily... I have really pretty flip flops with jewels and all sorts on them. I wouldn't wear them in public showers.

Sneakers are athletic shoes, they too have a place,

Trainers are comfortable... Does it matter whether you wera them for running or going to get your shopping? I think not

and it isn't in a dress up enviroment, just like high heeled pumps don't belong on the tennis court.

Says who? You? If a woman want's to look sexy with a tennis skirt on and heels to elongate her legs as she trots about that tennis court, good for her!

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit