by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• jay88
    jay88

I corrected my spelling, sorry!

PSOC

• tec
    tec

Oh, petty, lol.

Um... no, I don't. Honestly. Can you tell me why you think it might be petty?

Peace,

Tammy

• jay88
    jay88

Because it is no comparison.

PSOC

• tec
    tec

We don't know why the physical universe works as it does. It might be impossible for physical life otherwise. Like I said, I don't know.

But we do know that WE cause the suffering in this world (of a man-made nature - abuse, injustice, murder, lying, rape, theft, starvation, apathy, cruelty, judgmentalism, lack of forgiveness, war, slavery, prejudice, racism, etc). We also do not follow the teaching of Christ... but yet we blame God for all that suffering. "Why doesn't He clean up our messes... instead of telling us and showing us how, but not somehow making us follow Him?"

I agree that there is no comparison. Perhaps for different reasons than you, mind you. But I just don't see what right people have to point a finger when they, themselves, contribute to suffering. That is hypocritical, is it not? Blaming someone else for what we, ourselves, do? Demanding that someone else DO (fiX), what we ourselves are unwilling to do?

I also find it ironic to blame God for allowing the suffering that we cause, when at the same time, we refuse to do the things He told us to do to ease that suffering.

Peace,

tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

Well said Tammy.

• jay88
    jay88

Tammy,....I must say that I see more "God" in you, then "god" himself/itself

It hurts me to see you defend this stuff.

PSOC

• watson
    watson
    Because if we don't learn to ask, God becomes someone who works for man.

My pets take a lot of work. Whew...hard work. If I don't take care of them it gets to be a real mess. They might even die!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

All things NOT of love and goodness, comes from us(humanity), even natural disasters and chronic illness.

I stopped reading here and wanted to comment, I hope that is okay. This scripture is often ignored:

Hebrews 2:14 "that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. "

This points to the cause of our troubles, not ourselves, but the Devil, and this point is repeatedly made clear in the little I have learned of the Eastern Orthodox faith.

Love, SOG

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Tammy,....I must say that I see more "God" in you, then "god" himself/itself

Yes, of course you do. She has God living in her heart. The same God that you could decide to ask into your heart.

• jay88
    jay88

SOG: The same God that you could decide to ask into your heart.

Judgemental,....yes/no?

PSOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit