An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

Lets get back to the original premise.

I thought we were still on it. I just think it will lead to the same place, if we go back to the beginning.

If he can't answer prayers - he isn't there.

He can, and does.

If he does not desire to answer prayers and allows massive suffering - well, then he is just a nasty somofabitch unworthy of any respect or another thought.

If there is a God (the Father of Christ), then He knows what prayers to answer and what prayers not to answer. He also knows when to answer them. He also knows, more than anyone else, what we need to arrive at that suffering-free world. Mass suffering caused by US.

Kind of hypocritical of us to point the finger at God, when it is us who cause the suffering and us who also turn a blind eye from those who suffer every day. Especially when we don't even do what HE taught us to do, through Christ. If we're not going to do as He taught, and we're causing the suffering, and we're ignoring those who are suffering... well, then, that is ALL on us.

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

If three of your children were drowning but you might save only one, which one would you save?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Meaning what? Jesus looks down and sees this little infant boy dying in his mother's arms in Africa, in a place where Jesus has not been heard of before, and decided the infant might as well die then, since he had no faith in me? OMG. You are one sick bastard. You deserve your evil god. Good night.

How much have you had to drink Mr. AKJeff? Drinking and posting a bad combination.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Luke 12:14 Who? Jeff did.

• jay88
    jay88

Kind of hypocritical of us to point the finger at God,

Man did not create natural disasters, or chronic illness.

• tec
    tec

Well, we're probably responsible for some natural disasters (as a result of environmental damage due to our choices), but I agree that the majority of those are not man-made. I responded to that on page two with this:

As for natural disasters and chronic illness (some do come from us, our ways of life, nutrition, radiation, environment, etc)... these things are part of the physical world. I don't know why. I don't know the consequences of anything changing. I don't have that kind of understanding or sight.
    But those things would not matter IF we were spiritual beings who could also move in and out of a spirit/physical realm (put on and take off flesh) - as I believe we were meant to do... and will once again do at the time God has appointed by His own knowledge. (being like the angels in heaven)

But even so, so what? It doesn't make us any less hypocritical to be pointing a finger at God, considering all the harm that we actually DO, do.

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

Jeff, it does annoy me when people do that, what you did. Just so you know, but you do it anyway. Why?

Meaning what? They have not thought of asking. Why should they ask? Why should anyone?

Because if we don't learn to ask, God becomes someone who works for man.

• jay88
    jay88

It doesn't make us any less hypocritical to be pointing a finger at God, considering all the harm that we actually DO, do.

You are probably the sweetest person on this board,....

But do you think, this statement is a bit petty?

PSOC

• tec
    tec

Did you mean pithy? (I had to look that up...which is pretty bad, considering what I do)

Precisely meaningful; forceful and brief:

And yes, I do think I was being pithy with that statement - in being brief and forceful. As for meaningful, I guess that would vary depending on the individual.

Thank you for thinking I'm a sweet person, but I can be pretty blunt too. I try not to be if it means hurting someone, but sometimes the only answer I can think of IS a blunt one.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

I didn't mean any offense, though, Jay.

I just believe very much in looking at oneself and what we are or are not doing. Rather than looking at someone else might or might not be doing. If I'm not doing everything in my power to stop the things that I consider wrong... then I have no right to say anything to anyone else. God, or not.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit