Regular attendance at the Kingdom Hall produces lackadaisical outlooks

by Judicial Committee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I often wondered about how the early Christians met. Surely they didn't meet at a Ministry school and take turns giving 5 minute talks. Sister were known to be Prophetesses. They must of had some contribution in encouraging the congregation. It's not a regimented way that it is portrayed today. The Service meeting is so boring. I remember them much livier, in my younger days.

Publice talks, well, some are good speakers. I would say that this is the best thing about the meetings.

The Watchtower study, well, that is the, "Let's bring out the rules, again" lesson. That really sucks. Food for the season.....who are you foolin?

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

As I observe recent events in the world they make me recall the days when I was “engrossed” in being JACKED UP in my mind, at every instance when some awful world event happened, it was like “ah the end is Nigh” have I been out in Service enough! Am I, reaching out enough, Ah “my employer’s blood is on my shoulders” if I do not somehow interest him with the magazines. Now as the holidays near, and I am away from that insanity, I feel a lot more relaxed, if I want to give those cute little kids a Butterfinger’s candy bar when they ring the bell and say Trick or Treat or light up my aluminum tensile Christmas tree and play Christmas music, or eat turkey or a ham; I no longer feel psychotically ill and am in need of Buspar and paranoid of some confrontation with elders or other Jehovah’s Witnesses. It finally dawned on me after so very long, that “It’s My Life and I’ll do What I Want.”

• JRK
    JRK

Most JW's want freedom FROM choice, instead of freedom OF choice.

JK

(P.S. - It is nice to have a "JC" here that doesn't believe they are Jesus Christ)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit