Regular attendance at the Kingdom Hall produces lackadaisical outlooks

by Judicial Committee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

Regular attendance at the Kingdom Hall produces lackadaisical outlooks

I was born a Witness until I simply grew up, and started becoming responsible for my own views and decisions uncluttered from a magazine or (Organizational) indoctrination. There is a segment of our society that is much more content, to simply allow someone or something to make all life’s important choices for them.

I feel there is really a creator who loves and wants the best for mankind, trust me I did not learn this fact from the Witnesses, all ever learned from them was to be dull minded and unable to question anything pertaining to spiritual matters, and live in fear and discomfort. So I left, and never regretted it, good reddens to them.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Good for you JC, you're half way there

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Your belief in God is due to your mind needing a "father figure" to guide you thru life's hardships and the fear we all have of death. If it helps you then good luck....I believe in the Trinity......Easter bunny, Santa and the Toothfairy.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

You are on a spiritual journey. No one really knows the afterlife, and therefore it is what you believe it to be. Your view of the afterlife will change, deepen, and perhaps even wane. I can't say that you are right or wrong, no more then I can say that I am certain I know. Peace. Skeeter

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's a religion that contributes absolutely nothing to the common good . . . on balance is takes away way more than it contributes to the community and society in general . . . so much for "loving your neighbour" . . . and "working what is good toward all". Their selfish obsession with the destruction of everyone apart from themselves makes them non-partcipants who don't care or contribute . . . lackadaisical as you point out.

Jehovah's Witnesses are a scourge on humankind care of their leaders and cultish doctrines . . . killing innocents, destroying families, harming children, and generally making a nuisance of themselves.

• irondork
    irondork

You're right, JC. Unlike the easter bunny, santa and the toothfairy, there really IS a creator who loves and wants the best for mankind. I never came to a full appreciation of that fact inside the Watchtower penitentiary. I was too busy feeling guilty and inadequate for not being able to live according to the letter of every stinking little rule that came down the pipe. There's only room for TALK about Jehovah in that environment - no real room for Jehovah himself.

I think it's great that you escaped with your appreciation for God intact. I just wish my sanity could have made the journey with me.

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

Concerning all the holidays, it was when I was in grade school through high school that it dawned on me periodically that there was just too much control in my life, there really was nothing wrong with holidays. My mom and dad mostly my dad was so consumed by the bullshit view that the Governing Body had concerning holidays, flag salute, or just about anything; he did not “live His Life” he lived life according to the precepts of some stupid religion, rather than ensuring that all eight of his children have as normal of a life as possible. Thus is the curse that Jehovah’s Witnesses cast upon their children, namely a half lived life. (Dad God rest your soul.) I will see you in Elysium.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not to mention it creates laziness. I feel that it creates an attitude of not following through on things. You really don't want to go on those calls, and it is potentially dangerous and always pointless to do what it takes to get those people through to baptism. Usually, you fail--learned helplessness that carries through. Thus, most witlesses simply dog finding their calls or finding people at home in the first place.

Then, when they have a real issue in real life, the attitude carries through. This time, the benefit is real--making decent money, moving away from your parents or to another country as the need arises, investing your money in something that will appreciate in value, studying, and the like. You were trained to put little effort in following through--getting started is easy, but keeping going is where things usually fall apart. The usual result in too many cases is that people go right back into the cancer, to do more piddling field circus. It also prevents people from success, because they are trained to dog things involving following through.

I agree fully that they are a scourge on mankind. They are a general nuisance, intruding on people at home when they are working or enjoying their time, infringing on people at parks and other public places (so they can't really enjoy the time), and wasting people's time everywhere. They also harm children--beyond molesting them, they take away all their fun (which does more damage because everyone is affected). They train people to not do anything worthwhile for society (in addition to teaching them helplessness) by preaching them to waste their time in field circus. They do not allow people to start their own businesses--even in countries where doing so is relatively easy. Yet, they encourage the members to go on welfare so they can do more for Jehovah.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Not to mention it creates laziness. I feel that it creates an attitude of not following through on things.

That is an eye opening post WTWizard. Laziness, failure, finding ways to dodge, it's all learned behavior. To make it worse the Society adds guilt on top of that by making remarks like 'Are you doing enough', 'Can you do more', Can you share more fully in this life saving work'. So you put in more time, sharing in the work. And it leads to more disappointment, more failure, more dodging those calls.

And it does carry over into other parts of your life.

Waking up is rewarding!

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

You know it makes me nauseous, how the catch phrase serving Jehovah which in reality is really serving the legal structure of the Watchtower organization, it is definitely not serving Jehovah in the real sense of the term, it’s nothing more than a “catch phrase” that the Witnesses use like sleeping people while asleep make the noise of Snoring and Frogs croaking; it really has no relevance. In fact is rather presumptive, of the Witnesses to declare with such piety, that they are serving Jehovah the Hebrew god of the bible; I would hate to think that the true god, really is a god of such a collection of hurtful rules that factually cannot be pointedly found anywhere in the scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit