How important is it to you that Lawence Hughes wins his case against the WT and doctors

by zengalileo 32 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

Just curious. In my opinion it is the most importantr thing ex JWs should be supporting right now. The case is at a crucial point. It is about to go to trial finally. Please think hard about what you want to see happen in this case. Then make it come true. I give it a 10 in terms of importance.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi zengalileo, do you have anymore information about this case. I googled Lawence Hughes and did find his website (http://watchtowerlawsuit.com/) but did not find any informaiton later than 2008 about the court case.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Shrugged
    Shrugged

I´ve heard that Lawrence story has very serios holes in it, and is partially true. Is this correct? If the WT did gave the girl orange juice and arsenic then of course it´s a hideous act! But it seems almost to horrible to be true.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wasn't a Lawrence Hughes thread soliciting funds for this case here on JWN recently closed by a moderator because of past issues?

• sir82
    sir82

Let me guess...you'll next say the best way to show how important the case is, is to contribute gobs of $$$cash?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

One thread about the case was shut down, the other one that was posted directly by Lawrence, was totally deleted off the board!

Both of them were soliciting for funds.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This poster hasn't solicited funds. It is an ex-JW - blood transfusion case. Can we discuss it without TRYING to get it banned?

I, for one, would like to know what's new in the case, and as long as nobody asks for money, there is no reason why we can't discuss it.

BTW, the Australia case on child protection is more important than this, IMO.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I, for one, would like to know what's new in the case, and as long as nobody asks for money, there is no reason why we can't discuss it.

So would I, except that I remember this happening a few time before.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If I recall, his daughter was considered an adult. She made the decision. I don't think he has much chance at all from what I read. It is hard to pin down accurate facts. I agree the Australia case is much more important this this one. The Australia case has already forced the WTBTS to encourage elders to comply with the law, which is contrary to their earlier position. Also, the relationships between the various corporate entities need to be delineated for the court. Losing assets in Australia is a real threat. I don't see how Australia can practically assert jurisdiction over the NY defendants. Nevertheless, it can assert it.

An adult choosing for themselves not to receive blood is very different than noncompliance with a totally neutral law designed to stop pedophilia. Almost everyone feels special concern for innocent children. In fact, regardless of the legal outcome, the Australia case has already helped define parameters.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Sweeney, this is the title of his post that was shut down by Scully last week

Lawrence Hughes needs 500 dollars by the end of next week

so he solicited for funds on behalf of Hughes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit