Rawr....gotta leave the innocent people outta this

by AwSnap 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, AW SNAP!!!

HOW are you DOING, lady? I was just wondering about you! Hadn't heard from you for quite a while!

Rather than dragging your thread off-topic, I'll send you a PM

Zid the She-Devil

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Make sure you send him a great big Christmas card, and sit down and write a long note to him about what is going on. Write it over & over & over many times. I find my non-JW relatives were relieved when I told them that I was out. They are fascinated to talk with me. Then, make some time and go to visit him.

Skeeter

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Hi Zidd! Where's my baby blanket??? lol, Im teasing. Six, I liked your advice...thanks

Update: just to go a lil off topic, I just heard through a friend that my sister thats shunning me is in her 2nd trimester of pregancy. Nice. Nobody told me. My friend said it was just announced on Facebook. Nice. Ohhhhh the glories of shunning.

Anyway, thankfully, my uncle *did* contact me (before I was able to call him) and said he wanted to carve out some time to spend with me & my hubby. I ended up dropping by yesterday around 1p, but he was out with my sister at some jw's house. My father, whose an elder, asked to speak with me. I was asked if I had any desire to reconcile with my sister and husband, since it puts everyone in an awkward position. Apparently, sis's husband was furious that we came over Sunday night for my uncle's arrival. Brother-in-Law was so angry that they had to stay downstairs (it was their choice!!!! They could've joined and we would've been civil!!!). And he thinks my family shouldn't have allowed me & hubby to be there.

WTF....Im so glad (NOT) that he is trying to meddle in the way my own family treats me. It's not enough that he's making my sister shun me...now he's trying to convince the rest of my family to start shunning as well. He told my dad that I gave my sister apostate literature 2 years ago, and that I am trying to have my cake and eat it too. I want to be worldly and yet still have association with my family. (UMMMM, YES. THAT *IS* WHAT I WANT AND FEEL SHOULD BE OKAY). 1st off, how are you supposed to have a conversation with a jw, stating your views of why you no longer believe, without sounding like an apostate? Its impossible. I told my father that I had given my sister some stuff I'd written down to discuss with her, but that every single item I wrote down had references from their own literature. EVERY SINGLE THING. How can he say it was apostate literature when it's THEIR literature??! Jeeeeez, it was 2 years ago, so I can't even remember exactly what it was. But I knew that, if I were to give them "apostate" literature, they'd surely shun me. My intent was *NOT* to be shunned, so I was sure to use ONLY their literature to show why I believe the way I do now. And I didn't have anger in my tone....I was loving and respectful.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get it across to B-I-L that he needs to quit telling people that I gave them apostate literature. I wish that burr under my saddle B-I-L would just get outta the picture. Ugh.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sic something that's big and black and smells like dog slobber on him. And I don't mean Michael Vick.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

AwSnap, are you DFd or DAd? I didn't see that in your comments.

Assuming not, then WHAT RIGHT do the Sis & BIL have to shun you? That is NOT WT direction.

If you are DFd or DAd, then shouldn't they consider visiting worldly uncle from out-of-town "family business".....THEIR CHOICE in how THEY handle it.

EFF em.

Ask the uncle if HE wants to play by the Cult Rules?

DOC

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

DesirousOfChange, no, I am not DF'd or DA'd. Officially. I have no idea how neither has happened. Everyone (including a couple elders besides my dad) knows that I will never go back to being a witness. My baptism at age 14 was such a mistake. But it's not been made official. My BIL feels like I'm getting away with something (which, in a way, he's right....but I'm not playing by their rules. So really....Im just trying to live life!).

Six, that was soooooo wrong. LOL. You must've seen my FB post a few days ago (ps: my dog already tried to attack him once....scared the bejeezus outta him and gave me a huuuuge smile because he was being an idiot at that time too)

• ziddina
    ziddina

That P.O.S. brother-in-law of yours is on a HUGE "theocratic" POWER TRIP...

The arrogance and intrusive nature of this cult never ceases to amaze and dismay me!!! HOW DARE HE ATTEMPT TO TURN YOUR WHOLE FAMILY AGAINST YOU?????

What a 'wonderful' demonstration of "christian" love...

I hope "Satan" runs over him with a semi...

• journey-on
    journey-on

I wouldn't even have to think twice about this one, AwSnap. When your uncle told you he was 20 miles away at a restaurant waiting on family to arrive, he probably wondered why you didn't say, "great, mind if I join you?"

Never, let the JW a-holes cause YOU to feel uncomfortable. He's your family, too, and if they want to skulk away to the bedroom while you're there, I'd just stay an extra 30 minutes longer and make them squirm. But, don't bring up any kind of JW stuff to argue about. If they start, just put your hands up and say, "I don't discuss that stuff", and leave it at that. Change the subject quickly. Don't let them draw you into an argument. That sounds like exactly what your BIL wants. Getting you df'd would probably thrill him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit