Dumb ass family moved in next door with autistic kid JEHOOVER HELP!

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Thank you, Justthatgirl!

• Mary
    Mary

It sounds to me like the mom is the problem as she clearly has no concept of what being a decent neighbour is all about. Yes, autistic children and adults need their routine, but I can't see how letting them play very loud crappy music could possibly help them. (Actually, there seems to be some evidence that classical music can be very therapeutic for autistic children).

Unfortunately, you do not get to say what kind of music he listens to, but his using headphones would probably be the best solution and you wouldn't have to listen to it.

Neighbours can be really rude. Some asshole two houses over from me has his friends over every frigging night and they go out to his garage and start practicing their heavy metal vomit shit from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. It's so damn loud you can't even enjoy a peaceful evening outdoors. I'm debating on whether to go over and ask them to practice in their basement, or just to lay a complaint with the police. This is not a 'teen neighbourhood' and we're not used to dealing with this kind of crap. I've been tempted to get out my old getto blaster, aim it at his house and play Kingdumb Melodies as loud as I can Saturday mornings at 8:00am. See how he likes it.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

LisaBOBeesa: You're welcome. My son has Asperger's Syndrome, a condition on the autism spectrum, so when I see narrow-minded garbage being spewed about ASDs (autism spectrum disorders),I tend to get a little irate.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with Mary, the mother is the problem here not the kid. I have a nephew who is autistic but he is pretty well behaved. You have to teach the kids that they cannot play music too loud because you have nieghbors, she should have trained her kid better. It sounds like she just wants him out of the house, in the shed where she does not have to listen to his noisy music. This is a cop out. You still have to train kids with disabilities.

I also have a sister with an 72 I.Q., my parents always taught her right from wrong and gave her consistant discipline. She is 39 now and highly functioning.

b.t.w. I also object to the term retard. Please choose your words more carefully next time. Peace, Lilly

• White Dove
    White Dove

Better be careful with that "R" word.

The smartest one on this board has Asperger's.

Watch it!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't have Aspbergers. I'm just an asshole, dear. But now a more improved, judicious asshole. And humble. Like Moses. ;)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ EP!

• lostandconfused
    lostandconfused

It doesn't sound like the autistic kid is the problem, it sounds like the Mother is just being an inconsiderate neighbor. I would file a complaint with the police.

Oh yea...and I hate the R word too...

• White Dove
    White Dove

LOL at Mr. Humble Asshole.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Calling parents of an autistic child dumb ass and being advised by posters to file a complaint with the police because the autistic child acts as an autistic - yeah! lots of wise talk and opinions going on here.

Father of 3 Asberger children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit