After leaving the Faith, do you celebrate all of the Holidays?

by Quarterback 60 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Yes I do! Love them all. Life is too short.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I do, but not as fully as i should or could,

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I intend to celebrate all the holidays and birthdays I can. And I intend to invent some of my own holidays. I'm thinking of moving Pantsmas from December 25th to another month lacking sufficient holiday cheer. Maybe I'll put it on a lunar calendar, so it moves around.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Shalom Quarterback!

Yeah it is an interesting transition, but I have just never been Christian.

There are a ton of Jewish holidays! And they all involve drinking wine at some point.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

No... not really. But I go to birthday parties, or partake in a meal whether Thanksgiving, Christmas, or other. But for myself, no.

• only me
    only me

I love all the holidays. We just had a small Mabon celebration yesterday. I love Autumn and everything that goes with it. My girls and I are going to make sugar skulls for the Day of the Dead, Halloween is soooo much fun. For 2 years we went trick or treating, it was AMAZING!! People were going back and forth between the houses laughing and making sure everyone (parents included) were offered candy and the costumes were admired at every door. People are so friendly...who knew?? Last year we handed out candy instead- also fun and the children were so polite. Without exception, they all took just one piece of candy and said thank you. Not as fun as going out but still so much nicer than I ever dreamed.

Christmas and Yule are so wonderful too. I always loved them and it is so nice to not have to pretend to not like everything. So lovely to see the wonder in the eyes of the children and not a few of us older ones too.

We do both Canadian and American Thanksgiving, as we have both persuasions in our family, can we ever be too thankful?

Easter is Spring and full of lovely flowers, chocolate and wonderful food. I have a Polish friend whose family literally has an all day feast set up in every room of their house, one of the most fantastic things I've ever seen.

• maksym
    maksym

I celebrate all the holidays except for one. We don't believe in Holloween. We have replaced it with all Saints day like it should be.

The rest are actual Holy days. There is also some that secular society does not include but I include them as well.

The most important holiday is Pascha, or Easter as it is called in the western world. The next one is Theophany and then perhaps Christmas.

Peace to all.

Maksym

• Spectre
    Spectre

Not really. I have no one to celebrate them with so no point.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i celebrate birthdays, new year, first of may and occasionally summer solstice. i always did - albeit in a more secret fashion - even as a believing teenage JW.

as for the other holidays, i never got into that stuff, never learned how to celebrate them and thus am not really interested in them. i do go to chistmas markets and fill myself with mold wine and put on a santa hat etc. that's about it.

i still hate the gift thingy though, even for birthdays, because that's another thing i never learned. i prefer to get drunk. therefore i usually gift booze.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

I like all the holidays, except Easter. I don't believe Jesus was gods son, but as a man, her was still killed. I can't reconsile that with Easter eggs and Bunnys. No idea why, I enjoy all the other holidays, including bonfire night (UK 5th Nov) when we celebrate burning a man alive and still put a figure of guy faulks on top of the bonfire. Can't quite figure what my problem is with Easter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit