NY rabbi ascribes earthquake to gay activism

by behemot 14 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

if someone wants to be a nut like this guy and be a rabbi or preist there is nothing we can do about it, but when are we as a society going to no longer tolerate thinking like this from people with the power to make laws? more and more in the back of my mind I feel this idea creeping into my mind that people who think this way should be banned from office. I know he is not in office, but their are policy makers right now who are homophobes, and more importantly the people behind guys like Rick Perry who want to kill gay people and institute a christian theocracy. People like that should be stripped of the ability to hold any kind of office or power in society. now i know that sounds radical, thats why im saying its in the back of my mind, and im not sure if i even agree with myself, but thats what comes in my mind when i read stuff like this. i mean, what is the difference between wanting to lock up and kill gay people and what the nazi's did? the only difference is Hitler actually got into power, there are a bunch of Hitlers out there, they just havent been given power yet. Does that make sense?

• Robdar
    Robdar

There is so much stupidity in the world and it just makes me so happy to see a fellow Jew add more to it.

Maybe this rabbi should get a real job and stop mooching off his congregants and family. The world would be a better place for it and I am sure his family could use the money they've been wasting on this so-called scholar.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I really had never associated the Jewish religion with an unreasoning anti-gay bias.

Surely this guy is an exception to the general rule of tolerance?

• Robdar
    Robdar

He absolutely is the exception, JW. Unfortunately and like most Abrahamic religions, there are varying degrees of fundamentalism involved. This guy is crazier than a pet racoon and I am sure he drives other Jews nutz.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If the house is a rockin, don't bother knockin!

Would shake male member be the same as "shake your boo thing"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit