NY rabbi ascribes earthquake to gay activism

by behemot 14 Replies latest jw friends

• behemot
    behemot

New York City's Rabbi Yehuda Levin, who recently blamed the murder of an eight year-old boy on the passage of same-sex marriage, says that yesterday's earthquake expressed God's great disgust with gay activism. "One of the reasons that God brings earthquakes to the world is because of the transgression of homosexuality. The Talmud states, 'You have shaken your male member in a place where it doesn't belong. I too, will shake the earth.'"

source: http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2011/08/gay-marriage-caused-earthquake.html

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

makes sense...

shaken your member?

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Rabbi Levi and Harold Camping should go get a room tabernacle together.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah Yeah Yeah . . . God's such a swell guy isn't he?

• dm6
    dm6

I like how people blame God for natural disasters.

And that guy sounds like a real know it all. God creates earthquakes because of homosexuality.

Someone get him a doctor.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would have thought this was apocryphal, but indeed R. Aha gave the precedent for R. Levin's silliness:

http://tzvee.blogspot.com/2010/02/does-talmud-say-that-gay-sex-causes.html

• sizemik
    sizemik
    So rabbis, stop all of those disputes that you keep stirring up, get busy separating your heave offerings and tithes, and go rebuild the Temple, and maybe the earthquakes will stop.

So it's actually the Rabbis' fault! . . . that sounds more reasonable . . . what a hoot!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Unbelievable in this 21st century.

• irondork
    irondork

Yehuda Levin, Michele and Marcus Bachmann, the Phelps clan, etc... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The gay community wouldn't be where it is today without you. Your service has not gone unnoticed and we are forever in your debt.

• cantleave
    cantleave

CRAZY!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit