Wife wants a Family Study after the special talk...but initially refuses Bible only study.

by garyneal 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Its a phenomenon of "helplessness".

They conflate their ability to reason, listen to God, and learn things, with the direction they receive from those whom they believe he has chosen. Of course the reasoning is so circular that you can be dropped in on it at any point and it immediately becomes self sustaining.

You are of course living proof that without the GB's direction you will just end up being a born again atheist hybrid who will probably cheat on her one day. Sheesh. It saddens me to think of otherwise good marriages having to deal with this mess over whos interpretation of what reads mythology.....is more accurate.

the quotes Eden shared in my opinion can make even the most stout JW get their hair up a little.

• garyneal
    garyneal

You are of course living proof that without the GB's direction you will just end up being a born again atheist hybrid who will probably cheat on her one day.

LOL Well I never quite had my "faith" put so succinctly. You're right in that she feels she will wind up like me. The irony is that she was heading there first until she became a born again publisher.
  • garyneal
    garyneal
    It saddens me to think of otherwise good marriages having to deal with this mess over whos interpretation of what reads mythology.....is more accurate.

I don't care about interpretations, I was just wanting to read the Bible as is. That's what began my deconversion though I was not expecting it to also happen to her.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    a day ago My wife asked me to attend the special talk with her because she wants to attend something like this as a family and feels that she "enjoys worshiping together" as a family.

How is attending a meeting or studying watchtower publications considered worshiping God...what are you doing for him...what does he get out of it ? When I think of worshiping God, I think of prayer or heaping praise on him when you behold the wonders of nature. I think of the meetings and publications as instruction rather than worship.

• talesin
    talesin

Gary - I wish you success, with all my heart! You would be the 'dream husband' for so many women - I'm so sorry that the WTBTS has ruined your marriage.

With much love,

tal :sunglasses:

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Tell her that it is a requirement that every new member at Bethel read the Bible cover-to-cover during their first year at Bethel.

Should be a good example or all of us, right? (The one year time frame would be too much for a once per week family study with kids -- but it's reading the Bible. NOT WT publications.

Doc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If she would have been a serious bible student, then she would've known that all Christians are domestics and that there is no slave class as was commonly taught for decades. She would have known that there was no possible way that any human has been appointed over Jesus' belongings.

Appeal to her sense of vanity. Wouldn't she like to know what other beliefs are going to change in the future? She could know before anyone else in the congregation! Maybe her curiosity will get the better of her,and she'll start really studying the Bible?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit