by garyneal 150 Replies latest jw experiences

• watersprout
    watersprout
    taco-bender,

What's one of those??

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

One who folds tortillas in half to hold their contents, dear WS (again, peace to you!). Which is not to be confused with one who rolls their tortillas, (for flautas, burritos, chimichangas, etc.), or tears off pieces (to scoop frijoles, rice, corn, etc.). I "bend" mine twice, as does my husband (who also tears).

It primarily applies to Mexicans (vs. other Hispanics)... and can be taken as a term of endearment or derogatorily. Those I know don't take it offensively if it's not MEANT offensively. Sort of like certain forms of the "n" word - depends on who says it... and why. Since I was referring to my own husband, no reason for anyone to take offense - he wouldn't.

Peace, dear chile... and this'll conclude our culteral vernacular lesson for the day! LOLOLOLOL!

SA, on her own...

• watersprout
    watersprout

Ahhhhh I see... I roll mine and tear if I want to scoop... Carrot rolls too.

Thank you very much for my lesson... You learn something new everyday on this site... It's like a really cheap university lol!

Peace my sister

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Yeah, let's see you say that when they come out with "The Princess and Montezuma's Revenge"... and it turns out that she gets a taco stand and sells red chili burritos, dear botch.

I could really care less. Seriously. Tempest in a teapot. Mountain out of molehill. Etc.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May I assume that you are female, dear botch (again, peace to you!)?

SA, on her own...

• botchtowersociety
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Of course, you aren't, dear Botch (again, peace to you!). Which only makes it boil down one thing even more: hypocrisy. I mean, I am SURE that there are hoards of people out there who would say to many HERE... including perhaps your dear self... regarding their current or former experiences as Jehovahs-Witnesses... "get over yourselves, people."

Yet, a whole LOT of folks here totally unable to do that. Still. And won't... until the wounds heal. Which they won't do... so long as family and others keep treating them as they do... or reminding them/insinuating as to their experience(s). IF the WTBTS would let them be... IF family members would not treat them poorly... IF WTBTS literature and talks didn't KEEP referring to them as "apostates" and so undesirables/inferiors... the WOULD get over it.

Exact same premise: "we" don't think about it until something... or someone... reminds us of it... or subjects us to it. Through their words, conduct, portrayals, stereotypes, etc.

For me, this movie was among those. It not only reminded me of it... but subjected me to it, once again. BUT... I get that you and others don't... no, CAN'T... get that.

Again, peace to you!

SA, on her own...

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I am trying to empathize, but from where I am sitting, it just seems to blow things out of proportion regarding this movie. Just my 2 cents. I hope I don't offend.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I am trying to empathize,

And, thank you for that, dear Botch (again, peace to you!)

but from where I am sitting, it just seems to blow things out of proportion regarding this movie.

From where YOU'RE sitting, yes. Again, from where some are "sitting"... our issues with the WTBTS may appear blown out of proportion, yes? As I've repeatedly stated, this is about perception... which IS about where ones are sitting. From where YOU'RE sitting, no problem. From where I'm sitting... problems. You can't SIT where I'm sitting, though... so you can't negate... from YOUR seat... MY "view" from "here."

Just my 2 cents. I hope I don't offend.

No worries. I mean, I GET it that some don't get it, some won't get it, and some can't get it. I'm not the one disputing that. Rather, it's folks who don't, won't, or can't... saying they DO. For ME, it's like a life-long, Bethel-bound Jehovahs-Witnesses company man trying to tell someone "worldly" what the "world" is and isn't "really" like. But he only deals with JEHOVAHS-WITNESSES, for the most part. How in the WORLD could he even KNOW? Can he TRULY dispute with a "worldly" person as to "how" the world REALLY is? What... arrogance! No difference here.

So, no, no offense taken. Just glad we got to this point, is all.

Again, peace to you!

SA, on her own...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

All this from someone who hears voices from Jesus.

Hmmm....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit