What do you think about beauty pageants for kids?

by journey-on 59 Replies latest social family

• journey-on
    journey-on

While channel surfing the other day, I caught something on TLC called Toddlers and Tiaras. I watched it! I couldn't help myself! I was appalled, but at the same time the whole social implication of such a thing fascinated me. It was bizarre. Have you seen it? What do you think about entering kids in these kinds of pageants?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's a great way to show your kids how much you don't love them.

• Jackals
    Jackals

Of course the parents tend to be extremely pushy at getting their kids to go to these pageants, however is that any different from pushing a child to participate in a sports team or to learn an instrument?? If the child is enjoying themselves then I don't see a big issue with it, it's still down to the parents to teach morals and discipline whatever the child's extra-curricular activies are.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I think it robs the child of some of its innocence.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    is that any different from pushing a child to participate in a sports team or to learn an instrument??

I don't know....you tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8AUpcZ-x2k

• mummatron
    mummatron

NO, NO, NO, and NO!!!!!

Beauty pageants for kids = parade for paedophiles.

Urrggh!!!!

And don't even get me started on the whole self-esteem, body image, competetiveness issues....

• shamus100
    shamus100

I think it's great. All that glamour, all that fun, all that screaming, crying, narcasism... :D :D :D

Jeez, you guys are just haters. ;D

Do you honestly expect a single person to agre with beauty pageants for kids? It's like asking if you enjoy spanking babies... ;D

• journey-on
    journey-on

LOL at shamus. Believe it or not, some people think it's a good thing, like playing baseball or learning to play the piano.

• DaCheech
  • shamus100
    shamus100

I'd like to see just one poster here who likes to spank babies... er, um, likes child beauty-pageants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit