Obamageddon has arrived! Investors are heading for the bunker today.

by moshe 96 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

(7) Focus on quality of life issues here in America (youth centers, green belts, local sports/arts, volunteer opportunities, urban beautification etc etc).

No. Our problem is not softy-pillow quality of life issues - our problem is hard budget issues. U.S. is far ahead of almost every other nation on earth in this already. We just need to keep our position on big financial issues - not silly little social feel-good programs.

Sorry, but you are short sighted. The more of the populace that is producing rather than sucking up resources via prisons, crime prevention, public assistance...............the better we all are as a society. I sat next to a Swiss man on the way home from Zurich, he had a paper and I was hungry for news. Anyway, we got to talking and got on to the subject of the Government helping people with housing etc there. He said "We know that if you don't take care of people they will become sick, emotionally. Causing more expense and burden. We gladly pay more to take care of them". I agree, America has the largest prison population in the world. Why not put that money at the front of lives instead of at the back??? These aren't silly feel good programs, they are forward thinking productive populace programs. You can tax workers, you can't tax prisoners.

I heard a comment on BBC today about the underlying problems that have added fuel to the London riots. There is a generation of young men who have never had any responsibility - no jobs. That youthful energy is like a powder keg waiting to be ignited. If we don't deal with those issues in some constructive way, we're going to have more of the same destructive unrest - globally. We'd better invest in some

silly little social feel-good programs

because the consequences can be danged expensive.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I just saw an interview that has intrigued me. Americans Elect is working out a system where ALL voters can be involved in a primary. It's non paritsan and gives the people the chance to choose instead of being given only the choices offered from Iowa, S. Carolina, and New Hampshire. they've made a lot of progress and say they will be on ballots in all 50 states. I don't fully understand all of the details yet, but I think this could be very interesting. In light of what is discussed here, we should take a look at this!

http://www.americanselect.org/

• moshe
    moshe

The more of the populace that is producing rather than sucking up resources via prisons, crime prevention, public assistance...

How about a welfare mother with eight kids- and each one has a differnet daddy- I know this for a fact. Third and now 4th generation welfare familes must be stopped. Even one of Obama's Kenyan relatives learned how to get on the welfare wagon and stayed in the US.

• designs
    designs

I like Ms Ali, Dept.Federal Education, great solutions for breaking the cycle of poverty and welfare.

• designs
    designs

Since the S&P downgrade on US Debt the world stock markets have lost $2.8 Trillion, are they happy now...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Since the S&P downgrade on US Debt the world stock markets have lost $2.8 Trillion, are they happy now...

Some people are indeed happy about it. And a side question, what exactly does objectivising mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1NagON189g

• designs
    designs

If Gold is real money why doesn't Ron Paul accept it in his campaign contributions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit