Attention Lurkers- the Paradise Resort Bus

by stuckinamovement 64 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks. I actually forgot about this one.

Siam

• finally awake
    finally awake

that would make an excellent twilight zone episode

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bumping for newbies.

Bangalore

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Little girl: Mommy? Mommy... MOMMY!! Wake Up!!!

Mom: Go back to sleep sweetie, Mommy is tired...

Little girl: Mommy pleeease! Wake up!! Where is Brother Old-timer? He was there when we went to bed?? Now he is gone! I'm scared mommy, who is this new driver? I dont' like him, he keeps looking at me...

Mom: Sweetie, it's okay..mommie is here, don't be afraid. Bother Old-timer got off when they switched drivers. He is paradise now sweetie, it was his turn. Hush now, don't be afraid, the Driver is here to help us! We can trust him. He will get us to paradise..yes, just like Brother Old-timer. We will all get off the bus when it's our turn..don't be afraid. We are almost there...almost there....almost....just a little longer...Dear God....

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Siam,

Awesome read. Creepy, yet inspiring.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bumping for newbies.

Thank you, Bangalore for bumping this.

How did I miss this a year ago???????

It's as great and as fresh today as it was then.

Sadly it will most definitely still be accurate for millions next year too.

Doc

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

That was great! I also thought I was in the Twilight Zone. Add a little more to it and you have a short story for publication.

PHG

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks for the feedback. I remember what insired me to write this. I was sitting in the Kingdom Hall one night and I looked around at all of the people. Lots of them had been witnesses for 30+ years. Most were sittling quietly listening to Brother Drytoast give a service talk. Many in the audience had an almost vacant expression on their faces. Not happy nor sad, just blank with no spark behind their eyes. There was one old brother who was sitting across from me who had become a witness in the late 1940's. He was in his 90's and I could tell that he was lost and confused but he couldn't say anything because he had invested his life in a lie.

I thought about my own upbringing and how I was sold a story that stole my future. I thought about my own little children and wondered how long of a ride they would take if I or their mother or both of us did not get off of the Bus.

SIAM

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Bump.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Thank you skinned sheep, for the wonderful gem of a post. I will copy and paste it to my growing folder of research. To have at the ready if I ever find a correct time to share.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit