I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

by Chemical Emotions 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

When I left the JW's back in 95', I still had occasional thoughts that it 'might' be the truth.....however, I stuck with my gut feeling that the bat-shit craziness could not be God's true organization as the WTS claimed.

After joining JWN over a year ago, and 'learning the truth about the truth'.....the scary boogie man feelings of leaving the JW's went away, and I feel it is a cult now.

Thank you JWN members.

Think About It

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

All you have to do is look at their history of being wrong to know they can't possibly be right.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I want to respond to all of these comments individually, and I can't at the moment, but I just want to say THANK YOU! This thread is helping me a LOT.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I had the what-if-Jehovah's-Witnesses-are-right feeling my entire life.

So did my great-great grandparents on both sides of my family.

So did my great grandparents.

So did my grandparents.

And so did my parents.

• godrulz
    godrulz

When one has the genuine, the counterfeit is easy to spot. Become familiar with historical, biblical, orthodox Christianity and is becomes apparent that the new cults are pseudo-Christian (LDS, JW, Christian Science, original Armstrong WWCOG, etc.). Reject the false, but embrace the true, right, good.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I have to say I have been 'blessed' in not having any more 'armagedddon nightmares' or doubts that the religion I was raised in is complete and utter NONSENSE!

One thing that struck me in your comments was that you 'wake up thinking....' Unfortunately, as our human brains go through the sleep cycle, it is an especially vulnerable time for all sorts of nonsensical thoughts, feelings and perceptions. It is during sleep/wake cycles that people experience demons, alien encounters, and visions of dead family members.

If it is indeed only during these times in-between wakefulness and sleep that you experience these thoughts, you can chalk it up to the normal craziness the brain puts us all through, and not some personal weakness or any particular left-over 'brainwashing' effect.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Earth to godrulz... Earth to godrulz...

godrulz: enough of the 'preaching'

If you wanna stay here, you'd better start paying attention. (And the link does work...) Smarten up, son...

V665V665

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

VAmp, I gave him that link twice, this is the third time, is he out?

I actually posted an answer for this on the wrong thread, although it fit there too. I just wanted to point out that your fear is not unusual and is not unique to the WT. Ex-pentecostals express the same fear. So do Mormons. Sometimes reading THEIR stories helps us understand that we are not unique. When we see their struggles it is easy for us to also see how WRONG their former religions were. So just FEARING that they are right, doesn't make them right.

Just before I made the decision to never go back to the KH, I started watching Big Love. The thing that disturbed me about the show were the similarities between their reasoning and JW reasoning. Of course it was just a drama, but they were drawing from real life attitudes. I thought "well if exactly the same attitudes and reasoning are being used in this false religion, could mine be false?"

It really has helped me to look at other high control groups. It reminds me there is nothing new under the sun. Check out the ex-pentecostal sites if godrulz ever tempts you to listen to him. You'll see.

NC

• Listener
    Listener

A list of 55 reasons why Frank Toth left is a good review

http://www.towerwatch.com/Witnesses/Reform/why_jws_will_never_be_reformed.htm

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

@Chemical Emotions :

2 Points to think about ..

The first is since you're still having doubts about whether the JW's are right or wrong, you have to become comfortable with the idea of simple non-existence. It isn't suicidal or anything like that, but there is the chance that this life is all there is and all what it is. You live and you die. Whether you die naturally or God Himself strikes you down for not being a JW (in that theology), is non-existence really all that scary? Myself, I'm OK with that idea.

The other point is that people can tell you all day long that JW's are wrong, but I think as mentioned in this thread, you need to absolutely prove it to yourself. Look on Ebay and grab a copy of the 1969 Kingdom Interlinear (the purple one); read another translation or preferably a few side by side with the NWT. You'll see and *know* that they have lied about lots of things, and maybe then the doubts will go away. Once I did that, I now KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are in fact liars and twisters of words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit