I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

by Chemical Emotions 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• karter
    karter

If the WTBTS is so convinced they are rite about everything why don't they come on here and have an open debate?

Ive tryed debating with them they just walk away...not interested in anything they are not told to listen to.

• 30 years out
    30 years out

Hi Chemical: I think we all have had those thoughts as we distance ourselves from the confinement of the church, I know I did. Then I remember the DA I attended in 1973 where the speaker said that "this old system can no longer be measured in years, months, or days, we are down to hours". Then I recognize the horrible crime this organization commits every time it spits out a new prophecy.

As you gain experience in making decisions and thinking for yourself, you will become more and more confidant in your own spirituality. This cult has done a number on so many and their only power is the power we choose to give them.

Blessings:

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

umadevi: I'll try to remember that.

MrDarkKnight: Thank you. That helps to think about that.

godrulz: Well, I don't really agree, but I respect your beleifs.

SixofNine: Good idea. I've sort of been doing that, but I should be more methodical about it.

Deist: I have to look up the 607 thing more to totally understand it, but that's a good point.

karter:

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

30 years out: Thanks. That makes me feel a bit better!

• palmtree67
  • shel54401
    shel54401

This feeling of yours goes along w/ every Relgion. What if we all are wring and they are right, this has gone through my mind so many times..BUT..BUT..REMEMBER who wants you to think in this way? NOT GOD,BUT satan and hsii demons..They want you to be confussed so you go back to the cult you came from..DOn't be mislead PLEASE...Its just one of the many stages you will be ging through, but this too shall pass, PRAY and best yet, DO MEGA research on this organization, you will feel betrayed and feel sickened that you were once apart of such a dangerous cult..AS of now dear theystill own your brain along w/ your mind which is commonn for every JW"S to have done to them. There will be a many times in which you will feel this wayit is NORMAL!

I PLEASE ask you to research as much as possible, there will be things that will help you realize this is NOT GOD"S organization but it belongs to SATAN, and be ever so glsd you have gotten out..WE all have been there.. The People here are wonderful and can help, and we all can support you and pray.

Just don't ever give in as if you do, SATAN has won,and u dont wnat this do you?

GOOD luck and You will be in our prayers, Bless your every efforts SHel

• Tralfamadorian
    Tralfamadorian

I wake up thinking: What if my boyfriend and I die a terrifying death during Armageddon? With no hope of any life afterwards?

Do any of you ever feel that way?

i used to worry all the time. eventually, the more exposure i got to "The World" the more absurd the whole idea seemed to me. Exposure has that effect. Now that you're out of it, you have other things from which to frame a point of reference to many of your questions. Not to mention the fact that you're now free to use your God-given common sense if you will.

Now you're free to employ actual logic to any given situation instead of the fear provoking pseudo-logic and rhetoric they use to manipulate people.

Ask yourself there are any logical grounds to substantiate any of these claims:

1. A virgin birth.

2. Four men and four women building an ark, putting two of each species [and six in some cases] on it and surviving a global flood.

In the first place, even if it were only two of each local species or even root species, where did they store all the food all those animals would require during the entire fourty days plus time for the water to recede? The food alone would require much more space than the animals!

3. A man using a rod and god given powers to split the red sea apart and walking across dry land.

4. The dead being brought back to life. Why is it that only religion has reported things like this? No history I've ever read makes any such claims.

Even if we were to assume for the moment that there was an actual ressurection, say, of Lazarus, why weren't the obvious questions being asked: So Lazarus, what did you see when you were dead? Was it one big nothing? Was it like sleeping? Did you see loved ones? Those are the logical and also reactive questions people would ask after getting over their initial shock.

While we're on the topic of resurrection how about some of the odd things surrounding Jesus' resurrection? The stone was rolled away and there was no body in the tomb. When Jesus approached Mary Magdalene, and later others, they mistook him for a gardener. If he was resurrected in a different body, where did the old body go?

The witnesses in one of their books, state the incredulity of the Hindu religion for thinking the Ganges river sprung from the big toe of one of their gods. How is it that this is absurd, but an ark, a virgin birth and resurrection aren't just as absurd?

Starting asking the questions your mind has been dying to ask the elders [but which you wouldn't dare!], and then do some research. Make use of both secular and religious material. Not just the JW or Christian religions, but other religions as well.

The Jehovah's Witnesses religion is a huge sinkhole to attract very frightened people. And for persons like myself, who were more or less born into it, it breeds very frightened people.

Organizations such as this set their watch and warrant on the dependability and predictability of the eventual death of all human beings. One generations comes, another one goes. So, so easy to play bait and switch with doctrine when you can count on no one being around to remember anything they choose to hide.

One of the oft used arguments they use is the apparent lack of logic that humans desire youth and everlasting life but should not receive it. Wow, you mean our desires alone are sufficient to support an argument for a paradise earth where no one grows old and dies?

Ask yourself this for a new twist on it: How is it either reasonable or logical to assume that the possession of the faculties of logic and reason make us any more relevant than any other thing in existence? What is there to substantiate that? If you think about it in that light, you can see just how subjective the very idea is. It's based on the purely subjective human experience.

Your faith should never rob you of living a full life in the here and now based upon promises of something better [or worse!] in an afterlife.

At this point in my life, my religion, if you can call it that is based purely on the blueprint provided by Jesus for how a human being might life a meaningful life.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. Everything else is mere commentary.

• andys
    andys

Like shel54001 said you need to do mega research, examine everything in all angles, theres so many facts that stack up against the Watchtower organization that they are false, remember all they are is a printing company, in Febraruy was when my blindfolds came off and immediatly I accepted Jesus as my savior, it took me about 6 months of very hard work to get every bit of the Watchtower out of my head, I can say once you cross over that line where every bit of watchtower is out of your head its so much more of a better world outside of the watchtower, everyone at work tells me that I have changed, they tell me I am not quite as depressed, every day I feel like I am on top of the world, I do have my moments sometimes where I get mental flashbacks and have really bad anxiety but all that is starting to get lesser and lesser the anxiety, I can say one thing for sure my mind has gone from an old system to the new system:)

• smiddy
    smiddy

The WTB&TS plays on fear,superstition,and control,once you get past that you realise it`s just another american religion that took root in the 19th century. I found Don Camerons "Captives of a Concept " an excellent read

smiddy

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

If you don't believe them, then you shouldn't worry.

JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit