NEW 2012 Elders book with 2015 Amendments

by Newly Enlightened 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Splash
    Splash

Page 116 has this interesting directive on disfellowshipping that I was not aware of:

6. If members of the congregation are known to have undue association with disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives who are not in the household, elders should counsel and reason with those members of the congregation from the Scriptures.

If it is clear that a Christian is violating the spirit of the disfellowshipping decree in this regard and does not respond to counsel, it may be that he would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary. He would not be dealt with judicially unless there is persistent spiritual association or he openly criticizes the disfellowshipping decision.

So you CAN associate with disfellowshipped relatives without fear of being DF'd yourself, so long as you don't discuss spiritual things!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    It was published in 2012 - any clues as to why it's been delayed for so long?
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Whoever was investigating the JC proceedures (Denmark? i forget) make sure they have the link LOL...
  • sir82
    sir82

It was published in 2012 - any clues as to why it's been delayed for so long?

It's been available in printed form since then. The electronic copy (with the digital "mark-ups") is what is new.

• millie210
    millie210
    Splash4 hours ago

Page 116 has this interesting directive on disfellowshipping that I was not aware of:

6. If members of the congregation are known to have undue association with disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives who are not in the household, elders should counsel and reason with those members of the congregation from the Scriptures.

If it is clear that a Christian is violating the spirit of the disfellowshipping decree in this regard and does not respond to counsel, it may be that he would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary. He would not be dealt with judicially unless there is persistent spiritual association or he openly criticizes the disfellowshipping decision.

So Ray Franz didnt need to be disfellowshipped after all?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Did you know the Elders under the older regimes would have a young child crossed examined by the pedophile who molested her/him?

I think they still have the rule that if there is one witness, the victim only, and no confession, that the victim should have to make his/her accusation in the presence of the accused along with "some" elders. They do this to apply some obscure part of a scripture that has more to do with an adult stealing donkeys or harvesting your neighbor's olive tree. They don't even worry that making a child face a pedophile and openly accusing him might be such a bad idea for that child's state of mind.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Did you know the Elders under the older regimes would have a young child crossed examined by the pedophile who molested her/him?

This following example involves two adult women who accused a JW man of sexually assaulting them. The JWs do not have a clear idea of the difference between a minor child and an adult, so I do not think that it is unreasonable to assume that they would treat a minor child in the same manner.

The two women, who both live in Barry, were then forced to face their attacker at church judicial committees, chaired by elders. Wendy said: “My husband and I sat in a room with Mark and his wife as the elders heard both sides of the story.
    “They asked me all sorts of very personal questions, including how far apart he pushed my legs, then put the allegations to Mark. It was excruciating. I was never told to go to the police and the Church didn’t either.”
    Mum-of-two Karen, 38, said: “I had to sit in front of a man who had touched me and give all the sordid details to three ageing male elders while Mark branded me a liar. I later went to the police but Mark said ‘no comment’ through the interview and it was his word against mine.”

• millie210
    millie210

OTWO, It looks like they have modified that position somewhat.

Now they want the branch called first.

On pp 71.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Splash: So you CAN associate with disfellowshipped relatives without fear of being DF'd yourself, so long as you don't discuss spiritual things!

Yes, but anyone that does that "would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary."

So the elders have a tool of manipulation to hold over anyone that breaks their precious rules: don't let them give talks, hold the mic, pioneer or whatever. Although to most of us here, those things are not important, we know that status is everything in the KH.

Only recently, one of the GB members said in a talk that if a young man was 23 and not yet a MS, then he was not marriage material. Just imagine how congregation members view someone not even qualified to carry a microphone. It's social death.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• millie210
    millie210

But Oubliette, doesnt that have the potential to be stabbing themselves in the foot?

Less men reaching out?

Is the new light on brothers not being MS =not being marriage material going to be enough of a carrot to counter the general apathy and lack of reaching out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit