• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    The following questions should be answered with regard
    to the accuser: (1) What is the level of maturity
    of the child or youth? (2) Is he (or she) describing
    conduct that one his age would not normally know
    about? (3) Is the child or his parents known to be serious,
    mature? (4) Is his memory consistent, or is it
    intermittent, or does it involve repressed memories?

Ugh, That just makes my stomach churn. Window washers are not qualified to make those judgments or even to ask the appropriate questions required to determine the answers without re-traumatizing the child accuser.

Since when do unqualified people know enough about 'repressed memories' to make an accurate decision about the validity of a child's memory?? Eh...I will answer that. They don't. A JW elder knows fuck all about memories, repressed or not.

Elders are not psychologists by any stretch of the imagination and by following the WTS directed behavior they are harming the victim even further..

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm gonna second everything OrphanCrow wrote.

These kinds of issues are problematic for people that actually have the appropriate training and experience.

As well-intentioned as some JW elders might be--and I know from personal experience that not all of them are--they are simply NOT QUALIFIED to deal with these issues.

As a result, they almost always make a terrible situation worse.

It's criminal. It really is.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• yodastar
    yodastar

Wow wee. I've just realised from reading that stuff that I'm definitely an apostate in their view of the word!!

Just from the basics as celebrating a 'false religious celebration' but I love xmas and b'days - hey guys that's not fair

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Thanks a million NE.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

we have access to this stuff before most local elders would have even seen it on the website!

Clearly the "apostate" network works more efficiently than Holy Spirit!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow....in just 5 minutes, I have flicked through this book, and found several glaring errors the elders carried out when they manipulated events to get me removed as an MS!

They neglected to follow the directions re appointments /deletions in so many ways....

wow....if I cared, I could make such a huge scene about this!

• JeffT
    JeffT

DOC (and others)

I think I have both versions. I hope things are going to slow down in my life soon (parent's estate settled, daughter's wedding done), at which point I will try to do a comparison.

• jw-verite
    jw-verite
    @Newly Enlightened

Do you have it in French ? I would be interested in order to update my website.

Thank you !
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    Did you know the Elders under the older regimes would have a young child crossed examined by the pedophile who molested her/him? This false religion makes me want to puke, as spoken by the majority "God has nothing to do with the Watchtower form of devotion to a man-made organization". They condemn themselves in their own writings and this Elder Book is nothing more than self damnation!
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit