Celebrating One Full Year Of Freedom!

by Ranchette 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I can't believe it but the first thursday of Feb marked one full year of freedom for me and my children.

That thursday was the last meeting I ever attended.

We have never looked back and time has just gotten away from me because we are enjoying new experiences and trying to get used to this new life.

I wonder what I should do to celebrate?
    Any suggestions?

Ranchette

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I would plan all your next birthdays in advance, as to where you will go or what you will do, get them all excited!!
    Randy

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Ranchette

I'm so happy for you and your kids!!!

"Celebrate, celebrate...dance to the music!"

Dana

• Princess
    Princess

Congrats on your first year out Ranchette! I think a toast to the future would be appropriate, it can only get better.

Rachel

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Religion Stops a Thinking Mind
    <x ><

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Ranchette,good for you!...OUTLAW

• JBean
    JBean

Seems odd to say congratulations on something that never should have been in the first place, eh? One should never have to go through that kind of heartache... You were strong...congrats on this milestone in your lives. I say a trip to Disney is in order! : )

• roybatty
    roybatty

Give your kids a hug and be thankful that you didn't lead them into a life of slavery.

• ISP
    ISP

WTG, Ranchette!

18 months here. No regrets!

ISP

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Hi everyone,

This day has passed by and I've had time to read your suggestions.

My family came home for the evening and I told them that this was our"ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OUT."

I received their responses one by one.

When I told my daughter she said “Hugh.” And then carried on with what she was doing.

When I told my son he said “yea, I want to go to another karate class in the morning to get ready for my first test.”

I was disappointed at first that my family didn’t share my excitement! Then I realized I
    really have reason to celebrate.

Theyaretruly free. They could care less about what happened before.

GREAT!
    They are living in the “now.”

So,

I had a bourbon and coke and reflected on the past year and all that we have been through and experienced as a family NO longer in slavery and

I conclude,

I have NO regrets.

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit