Did Jesus preach from door-to-door with sidekick Apostle (W. 15-12-2010)

by AnthonyMorrisXIII 19 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Another Watchtower artist (mis)conception!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

- Hi I'm Jesus, can I interest you in this new vacuum cleaner? No? What are you saying, you want me to put you on our do-not-call list? How rude. I'm the son of God dontcha know!

• watson
    watson

How did they keep track of their "not at homes"? Little tiny scrolls?

• cantleave
    cantleave

C - U - L - T

• Room 215
    Room 215

How ludicrous... just shows their contempt for the collective intelligence of their flock. Do they have any idea how costly and prized such hand-copied scrolls were? How could the "unlettered and ordinary" disciples afford them, much less read and understand them? How many of them existed in private hands away from the synagogue? And how did the "householder" know they weren't bogus copies concocted by the guys at their door? What percentage of the population-- including the disciples -- could read and write in the first place?

• VM44
    VM44

Yes, Room 215, I agree. Why would they carry expensive scrolls from "door" to "door" if most people could not read?

That does not make any sense at all.

And, as I mentioned above, it is not practical to unroll a scroll while standing

The Watchtower is super-imposing modern day JW activities upon the first century Christians.

They are using the Present to mold the Past!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

He was describing a picture that was published in the November 15, 2002 Watchtower.

If anyone has that issue, could a scan be made of that picture?

VM44 - I've just dug it out and taken a look (p. 6 or 7, right?). It is the very same picture AMXIII put up from w. 2007, 06/15, p. 23 - where they're doing a 1st century weekly Parchment Study.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'm really beginning to fully comprehend the word "Watchtarded"

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you AnnOMaly for looking up the reference.

It is very interesting that The Watchtower reused in 2007 a picture used in 2002.

• AnthonyMorrisXIII
    AnthonyMorrisXIII

He was describing a picture that was published in the November 15, 2002 Watchtower.

Here's the picture

Legend says: "The first Christians met in private homes".

Looking for these pictures, I too noticed the repeat use, often at different sizes or cropped.

The picture (VM44) of the two preaching with bags stuffed with scrolls is so funny and so untrue. Why does the WT insist on retro-applying modern day activities onto the first century Christians. It's obscene, but very clever for the study articles in the Watchtower.

AM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit