Did Jesus preach from door-to-door with sidekick Apostle (W. 15-12-2010)

by AnthonyMorrisXIII 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AnthonyMorrisXIII
    AnthonyMorrisXIII

(W. 15/12/2010, p. 8, p. 10)

'Hello, I'm just calling on you and your neighbours to talk to you about why there's so much trouble in the world'.

"Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah's day seems delayed, we should be glad that there is still time for us
    to be zealous for true worship." (pp. 17, p. 11)

so, get out there and preach!

AM

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower also published a color drawing of a "first century" kingdom hall meeting showing rows of wooden benches with people sitting on them listening to a speaker.

Anyone recall where that was published?

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

VM44, you're pulling my leg aren't you? Please do tell if it exists. LOL (future Wallpaper if so)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The "Timothy" drama had just such a "meeting" shown. Not sure if there were benches but there was a podium and speaker.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am just amazed that Jesus illiterate, Arimaic speaking disciples learned classical greek so they could write the gospels and then used word plays and anecdotes that only make sense in greek, not in the arimaic jesus or the disciples spoke. truly god is a wonder.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I am just amazed that Jesus illiterate, Arimaic speaking disciples learned classical greek so they could write the gospels and then used word plays and anecdotes that only make sense in greek, not in the arimaic jesus or the disciples spoke. truly god is a wonder.

That just proves that Jehovah's spirit was behind his earthly organization even in the first century.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

God loves inside jokes that only work in the language they were written in, not the language they were spoken in and written about in. Truly, the holy spirit works and writes in mysterious and grammatically inconsistent ways.

• AnthonyMorrisXIII
    AnthonyMorrisXIII

@VM44, RagingBull

A first century JW meeting, complete with parchment Watchtowers

(W. 2007-06-15-p,23)

I don't know why the old dude standing is putting his hand up.

And then they went out preaching. From door-to-door.

(W. 2008-12-15-p,17)

AM

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks AnthonyMorrisXIII for finding and posting those pictures.

I very much doubt that anyone back then would go door-to-door with a scroll. Scrolls were expensive!

Also, how can a person "unroll" a scroll while standing? Very impractical!

• VM44
    VM44

Eight years ago ozziepost wrote the following in a thread that he started,

The facing page (p7) shows an illustration of what is purported to be a meeting of first century Christians. Just like the picture on the following page of a modern-day meeting at a Kingdom Hall, there is a chairman facing neat rows of Christians of all ages, some with hands raised to make a comment. Open before the chairman are scrolls.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/50142/1/Watchtower-says-JW-meetings-follow-the-1st-century-model

He was describing a picture that was published in the November 15, 2002 Watchtower.

If anyone has that issue, could a scan be made of that picture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit