New Here.

by BoleynGirl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Welcome to freedom of thought. Guilt and fear are the very effective methods of mind control used by them, once you can SEE it there's no holding you.

Welcome BolelynGirl.

Welcome Lilypadaz.

Welcome Diest.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, BoleynGirl.

Elizabeth?

You said:

It bothered them that I never planned my door-to-door deliveries but placed more magazines than them. That I read my watchtower article 3 hours before the meeting (not 2 days before with highlighter) and still managed to make more articulate and intelligent comments. One time a sister said, "You know, your answers are very intelligent, but being in the truth is not an intellectual exercise."

Girlfriend, the same stuff was directed at me!

The WT organization is the pits for womenfolk.

Glad you and your mum were able to "come out of her."

Syl

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome BoleynGirl. Glad to have you here. I never knew until I came on this forum how all you women hated how the WT cult treated you. I thought it was just my wife now I know better. Great to have you on board. Totally ADD

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

How wonderful that your mom also was able to "wake up" and so you have no problems with family shunning!

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to freedom I am glad you are happy. It is wonderful to be able to think and plan without worrying .

• simon17
    simon17

Welcome and glad you're in a happy place. I think, reading your story, you could probably look at your experience positively. Being in the organization helped you in some ways (lonesomeness, anxiety, controlling your temper). When the friends you made there didn't turn out to be genuine you moved on. You got your education in the meanwhile so, who knows, maybe that small stint ended up being for the best in your personality development at a vulnerable and often difficult transition period in most people's life (being away from home with no controls, etc).

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

BoleynGirl,

Where do intelligent women go when they are fed up with being treated like imbeciles?

JWN of course. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more of your insights.

Reopened Mind

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story!

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome to the forum Boleyn. I really enjoyed your story and looking forward to your future posts. Really want to hear more from you and how you're managing.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome Boleyn.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit