College education pays

by hoser 12 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I know a witness co-worker who sent all his children through college with no regrets. Of course he is not appointed to any cong position, but he has helped his children to start off with a better life.

• aristeas
    aristeas

Spot on, talesin!

'But, yes,,, it teaches critical thinking, which is the biggest danger for the WTBTS.'

Although, from personal experience, even a graduate degree will not necessarily mean a real, well-paying job!

And welcome, wont-let-me-fade!

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I'm glad to hear that my post could be encouraging to someone "won't let me fade". I hope you're son is having the time of his life and learning much. I'm starting college this fall. Haven't decided my major for certain just yet. I've narrowed it to Engineering (not sure if I will go mechanical or electrical though), Biology, or meteorology. I will most likely go with engineering though simply on the basis that it's a very marketable skill, and I'm not sure how many jobs there are for biologists or meteoroligists with graduate degrees. I want to get a masters at some point, but baby steps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit