What a drag it is getting old

by prophecor 20 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

NOT!!!.........The days of youth are wasted on the youth, I've heard it said. The days of our lives, as the Scriptures so eloquently put it are 70 years. I look at the youth of today in their teens to maybe thirty or so, and I have to say to myself, "Boy, I wouldn't wish my 20's and 30's on anybody." For me, they were years fraught with gnawing unanswerable questions. I was only begining to see what being an adult was like, and a late bloomer, at that.

Now, my days of Autumn are here in near full glory. I no longer find myself rushing and racing to the next light in life. It feels good to take it easy, and don't let life completely bowl you over. I love my 50's. I have never seen a more authentic self, the more time that I'm allowed to be here on the planet. I've been thru a few things so when life comes crashing down around me, I recognise that storms are gonna' come, but I've chased a few storms in my day as well!!! It feels good to have time be my friend for a change. I want to continue to learn to be more respectful of it. It's been wonderful being here. Thanks for watching.

Art

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Eh, its got its good point and its bad. Hey, Art.

• prophecor
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi prophecor, every age has its good points and its not so good points. I like whatever age I am at, because the alternative of death is not what I want.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Hello prophecor. As a person in his 50's I agree to a point. The only thing I don't like is now I have all this experience in my job skills and age has slowed me down in doing them. Many of night I hurt from head to toe. But I love what I do. I hated it when I was young now I love what I do. My father use to tell me by the time you reach your 50's you have all this knowledge but you are to old to do anything with. I don't agree with all of that statement but some of it is true. My wife as will as ABible Student said it right "it beats the alternative which is death". By the way the reason I sometimes hurt is because I remodel houses from bare bones to finish. Totally ADD

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I just saw you are from PA. We just moved to NW PA. Where are you located? If you like give me a PM. Totally ADD

• JRK
  • sizemik
    sizemik

I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
    Albert Einstein

• prophecor
  • nancy drew
    nancy drew

What I wish for from my youth is the strength, energy and painfree days. The mistakes, foolishness and bad judgement I'll leave behind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit