Kingdom Hall Assistance Arrangement refusing to pay out

by KHA 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• william hahn
    william hahn

Sad to hear that for the congregations involved.

The move to self funding "insurance" was meant to simplify the whole arrangment.My uncle was the secretery of the commitee that in NSW Australia had oversight of the KHs in NSW.This group is called "The Congregation of JW in NSW Australia".This is the same apparantly worldwide and is done to technically have no connection legally with WTS so if/when WTS assests are seized the KHs are not included and would stay free.The funds collected go into a seperate interest earning account and they use this fund to assist halls in times of an insurance claim.

By going to this arrangment now the public (insurance companies and in turn the government) dont have a easily compiled assest value of JW in that country.

Perhaps that comitee in the UK have invested the funds and cannot access yet? I never found out more about this arrangment from my Uncle as he passed away a few years ago.

The Comitee arrangment i mentioned above in each country actually owns the deeds to that KH and not the Congregation using it ,not top secret but something generally only the Elders know.

I was the Account servant in my past JW life and everything is geared towards donating to the Society.Any purchases made for the KH which had included GST(tax) could be reclaimed as Churchs exempt but the Society forms were geared to donate this refund of tax to the Society rather than the congregation that spent the funds originally.

Count your cents and the dollars will look after themselves.WTS is all about getting every last cent available.Of course it is a not for profit and needs every cent as its "income".I always seemed as it prided itself in saying no collections taken but they honestly have so many ways of recieving donations and parts on the Kingdom ministry ,in WT and at conventions about donations.They may not pass the plate but talking about it so often is hypothetically passing a plate.I always felt that way when i had to do a part on donations in Service meetings.

KHA i do hope all works out well.Regardless of who/what/where its good when things work out as they should be.

• KHA
    KHA

I feel sorry for the congregation. They paid for the hall and land and whilst they have not as yet had the claim officially rejected, the KHAA is looking for an out. There is a blame game in play; dry rot has been found and there have been attempts to pin that on a structural defect caused by an error in the design of the bulding or poor construction practices.

One of the possible outcomes is that the congregation will be told to sell a portion of the plot of land the hall stands on to fund the rebuilding. Imagine for a moment that your insurance company told you that they weren't going to pay your claim because you have a large garden and could sell part of it to finance repairs to your damaged home. Insurance does not work like that! Congregations need to understand that what they have with KHAA is not insurance.

I'll update this thread with more information as the situation develops. If anyone knows of other similar situations, please let me know.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Many years ago I was a Cong Secretary and we had the K Hall insured through a local Ins Broker who happened to be a Witness. Then the K H "Assistance Scheme" came in and we had to change to that . The broker lost a load of business. We had an inferior policy arrangement for no less money, and there was a presumption that we would not claim unless we really had to, because it was "The Society's money"

I never did like the scam scheme

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

This all sounds pretty shaddy to me, no one in the kingdom hall benefits what so ever and the WTS still gets to keep their money what kind of scam is this anyway?

The Society is not stupid, they have found ways of getting around with out having to pay a dime for damages, and yet they tell the brothers and sisters to give donations to country's where there has been famine flood, earthquakes and other devastations, what is going on here. Shouldn't someone inthe government be doing a forensic study of the Watchtowers money affairs. It just seems so unfair to the witnesses that they are getting so screwed around. While the organization is considered on of the most weathiest religons in the world.

orangefatcat is exteremely peeved and wants some answers.

• KHA
    KHA

Thanks for the reply Blues Brother.

I'm afraid I don't have any further information about this particular situation yet orangefatcat but when I do I will update.

• The1975Blues
    The1975Blues
    What happened on this story where the Watchtower was accused of not paying out on the policy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit