What Did You Not Do Because You Were A Jehovah's Witness That You Wanted To Do?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was 9 when I was baptized as a "minister". LOL!

• The Finger
    The Finger

most of what "witness my fury" wrote i would agree with. particularly the first "I didn't enjoy life"

• cantleave
    cantleave

I didn't grow a pony tail!!

• d
    d

I was not allowed to read any works by Kafka or George Orwell. I even was critized for reading Lord of the flies.I could not watch the movie in school even though I was 15.I got made fun of as a result.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Your question could also have been what did you not do because you were married to a Jehovah's Witness. I studied with them, but pulled the plug when it became clear it was all bullshit, but my wife of, at the time, five years got sucked in, despite my protests. Now we're approaching old age and I cannot help but look back upon the past 33 years with resentment. The Watchtower has been the univited third party in my marriage and marriage bed. There are victims of the Watchtower who brought it on themselves, victims whose parents brought it to them, and victims who are just collateral damage.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hey, where did you get that list from!? Put that back in my drawers right now!

• serenitynow!
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I was going to say that serenity, but then realised i had more as well, but in my mind yes it is top of my list.

• What Now?
    What Now?

One of my biggest regrets is not going to university. I always wanted to be a teacher and I would have been good at it, but you can imagine the reaction I got when I brought this up to my parents. Instead I pioneered out of high school and ended up with the default job for witness sisters - administrative assisstant, which I hated. I never got close with friends in school, or with my non JW cousins. I wanted to date unchaperoned - what a pain that was!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I didnt pay attention in school.

I didnt go to college.

I made poor career choices.

And I never matured emotionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit