JWs and the Family Unit - Calling Maze to defend assertions

by Retrovirus 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Maze
    Maze
    Empirical stats I have seen indicates that the divorce rate is the same for the Jehovah's Witnesses as the rest of society. All the literature education has not made a whit of difference.
    http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/divorce.php

I'm not sure those statistics are accurate. What means did they use to gather that information? Do you even know? There's more involved than just “literature.” One thing I've noticed on these forums is people have a very superficial perception of Jehovah's Witnesses even though they claim they used to be one. Do you even know what the literature says?

In a nutshell...

Works for family and interpersonal relationships:

w07 7/15 p. 21 par. 2 Will You “Keep Walking by Spirit”?

As we “keep walking by spirit,” God’s active force will motivate us to obey Jehovah. We will display godly qualities in our ministry, in the congregation, at home, and elsewhere. The spirit’s fruitage will be evident in our dealings with our marriage mate, our children, our fellow believers, and others.

Does not work for family and interpersonal relationships:

g03 2/8 p. 13 Is There an Unforgivable Sin?

Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God’s spirit. They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing. Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final Judge.—Romans 14:12.

Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our hearts. (Ephesians 4:30) And we take comfort in the fact that Jehovah will forgive us in a large way, even of serious sins that we have committed, if we are repentant.—Isaiah 1:18, 19.

Not that everyone who's unrepentant and spiritually deficient is dysfunctional, but they're generally the people that adversely effect family and friends in the organization as they make their departure. That's been my direct observation.

There are people in my family that are not apostate but they're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Most of my siblings and several of my cousins were raised in the organization and later left. I don't try and force my beliefs on them and vice-versa. We rarely even talk about religion.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Maze, are you Spade / Alice in Wonderland?

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    Maze, are you Spade / Alice in Wonderland?

Yes it is.... only in disguise...

notice the beard

• sabastious
    sabastious

Waterboarding was used to find and kill Osama Bin Laden, does that mean Waterboarding killed Osama Bin Laden? I think the answer is yes and no.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alice,/Rachel/Spade/SuperSpook/Consfearacy......and now Maze:

Most of my siblings and several of my cousins were raised in the organization and later left. I don't try and force my beliefs on them and vice-versa.

Then, why are you here trying to do that?

Also, I named one of my chickens after you.

I see from your last post that it was a good call. Since you are too chicken to answer the original question.

• cantleave
    cantleave

spaze - you haven't answered the question. Just spouted cult propaganda. You are a disgrace!!!!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Also, I named one of my chickens after you.

This made me laugh out loud.

-Sab

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm not sure those statistics are accurate. What means did they use to gather that information? Do you even know?

You didn't follow the link, did you? Citations were given for all sources, sample size, and method of collection.

There's more involved than just “literature.” One thing I've noticed on these forums is people have a very superficial perception of Jehovah's Witnesses even though they claim they used to be one. Do you even know what the literature says?

I am married to a Witness; never one myself. The reason for my comment is that as registered charities here in Canada, the WTBTS lists it's charitable activities as literature distribution, with the expected intent of improving people's lives. I'm just sayin', as a charitable activity, it's markedly unsuccessful.

Based on empirical statistics.

Oh, P.S. I have my own copy of the "Secret of Family Happiness" book, which I've read.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It's true.

I now have a chicken named Alice.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Watchtower's strength will always reside within it's member's staunch opposition to anything critical of the Watchtower. In the end it was my choice to keep on going through the cult. I can remember many times where I had cognitions that would have led me out if I had only not shooed them away with a pitch fork. Eventually I got out, but who was hurt by my actions inside while I "sorted" everything out? Am I to blame for their pain? The fact is that I am a link in a chain that ended in misery for someone. I could have done things better and caused less or no pain at all.

The Watchtower has responsibility and so does it's members. The Watchtower has chosen to skate theirs and their members sit idly by... and glorious and reverent cause and effect takes place.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit