To My Fellow Atheists...

by Pika_Chu 77 Replies latest social humour

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I present to you:

Quite possibly the worst attempt at apologetics ever...

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/nogod.html

Go on...see how many holes you can poke through this guy's swiss cheese reasoning.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Eww. I'm not touching that site with a ten-foot web browser.

Sorry! I just wanted to use that joke. I'll check it out soon, if possible.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Bump! Does anyone wish to witness the inanity firsthand?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry started to yawn after the first paragraph.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I tried Pika Chu...can't get thru it. It is like cotton candy for the brain, and I hate cotton candy.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

You know, I seriously thought about refuting that whole dang website on my blog, but I'm beginning to think this guy already does a good job at incriminating himself. It would take a lot of my time dissecting each and every little point...

I don't even think this was written for real atheists. There's no way. I think it was written for fence-sitting fundies.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I post on the forum sometimes and discuss certain things, it helsp me to get an idea of what other christians think about some issues.

Never read that page since I believe in God and don't need "convincing", LOL !

I do feel that if you think that site needs to have some of its points refute, you should.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Thanks, Psac.

When I first stopped believing the JWs, I stumbled across that site and found some of it mildly interesting, but even then, I detected some serious errors of logic. Is it possible God exists? Sure. Is it possible he exists out of our dimension? Sure. But this guy repeats things ad nauseum and very few of his points are supported by evidence. I should probably write about all that on my blog.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Why not?

One of the best ways to express how we feel about something is to express how we feel about it.

I don't have all the answers to even my questions, much less those of atheists and I am not sure the guy from that website has them either or things he does.

Just one more guy like you and me and Us, expressing his views.

While I believe that Christianity is, ultimatley about faith, I do also believe it is based on reason and that is why I try to answer questions from non-believers in a way that THEY can see the reason behind it, hoepfully, LOL !
    Using the bible or religion to answer questions of people that don't believe in the bible or religious doctrines, never made much sense to me.

Hence why I like the writing of the likes of Dinesh, McGrath, Wright and others.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I agree Psac. I don't think reason/science and God (depending on definition) need be incompatible and mutually exclusive. It's just that, it usually comes down that way, at least on the Internet. I think what apologists consider proof of God doesn't hold up to scrutiny. I've recently thought about what would make me believe in God again, and I've reached the conclusion that he should have conversations with us. (Remember that thread from Jay88 a while back?). Usually, communication with objective verification is enough to convince me of other peoples' existence without making me question if I'm hearing voices, you know? But, quoting from authoritative sources and struggling to preserve the innerrancy doctrine are really not convincing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit